We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cooking School

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
67 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Cooking School

We will be in Chiang Mai in mid december, husband will do a flight of the gibbons trip ( I am afraid of heights!) so I was wanting to do a cooking class. Read a few reviews, but has anyone done one recently and at what cost

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cooking School

Hi,

Week 1 of December will see the grand opening of the all-new Thai Organic Cookery.

Situated in a pristine rice field just a short drive from town, with a free pick-up and return service from your hotel or guesthouse

The owner is a well respected Chiang Mai business lady who is providing an authentic Northern Thai culinary experience.

Feel free to get in touch as the website is not quite finished, but there is a brochure ready to download.

An opening special price will be on offer...

Others that come highly recommended include Thai Rice and Chiangmai Cookery in loi Kroh soi 1

Edited: 8:47 pm, November 13, 2012
Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
10,126 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cooking School

Hi egggly,

Here is a link to the things to do in CM section which has summaries of lots of cooking schools.....

tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g293917-Activiti…

You rarely hear a bad word about the cooking schools in Chiang Mai so I don't think you will make a wrong choice.

Caroline.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
336 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cooking School

My personal favourite is A Lot of Thai. Prices, menus (different each day) and details are on its website -

http://www.alotofthai.com/course.html

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
6,200 posts
297 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cooking School

we had an absolutely delightful experience at Classic Home cooking with Vannee and her husband Meao. Nice small personalized group. got to go to the market, do everything yourself, choose your own dishes. i *highly* recommend them. pick up and drop off from hotel too. super friendly!

chiangmai1.com/restaurants/classichomecookin…

Jo

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,874 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cooking School

I was hoping to hear about Pum's cooking school before heading off on our trip. We have been to her restaurant/cooking school in Phi Phi and met her mum; she is a lovely lady. Her recipes are simple and work well. She opened in Chiang Mai only about a year ago. Has anyone out there tried this one?

Blue Mountains...
Level Contributor
218 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cooking School

I just did a class yesterday at The Thai Farm Cooking School it was great check out their website

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Level Contributor
60 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cooking School

For a good experience with a good Chef -> http://www.thaicookeryschool.com/

8. Re: Cooking School

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, December 16, 2013