We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Number of days and hotels in Chiang Mai

Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
106 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Number of days and hotels in Chiang Mai

I’m planning to go to Chiang Mai in Feb 2013. I don’t have time to revise/organize the itinerary yet but would love to book air ticket and hotels first. Places that I want to visit: Sunday Walking Street, Doi Suthep, Wat Phra Singh, Wat Phan Tao, Wat Chedi Lunag, Wat Sri Suphan, Nimmanhemin Road, Tiger Kingdom, Night Market, Chiang Mai University (maybe), Elephant Camp (maybe).

Lunch/tea/dinner: Mandarin Oriental Dhara Dhevi Chiang Mai, Tea House Siam Celadon (tea), Huen Phen Restaurant, Riverside Restaurant, The Good View Restaurant

Questions that I need to seek advices:

1.Please advise if it is feasible for me to stay in Chiang Mai city(hotels in old town are relatively better?) for 3 nights and resort hotel in Mae Rim for 2 nights.

2.Please suggest hotels in the city as well as in the Mae Rim area. For the former, cleanliness and location are my great concern.

3. I also want to Wat Rong Khun (White Temple) but I knew it is in between Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai. Thus, do I have enough time?

4.Should I rent a car/ van for a whole day? Reliable?

Thank you very much!

1. Re: Number of days and hotels in Chiang Mai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, November 24, 2013