We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying dried seafood,ie swallow nest

Which Chiang Mai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
224 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Buying dried seafood,ie swallow nest

Where can I buy authentic dry seafood, like swallows nest, dry scallops, etc.

Which street sells it mostly? Which area to avoid for fake or tourist price ?

Florida - Alaska...
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai Province, Outdoors / Adventure Travel
Level Contributor
5,290 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying dried seafood,ie swallow nest

You will find some things like dried squid and dried shrimp in the major fresh markets like Warorot or Tanin. But Chiang Mai doesn't have a seafood selling street, as we are a long ways from the ocean. If you are in the south in areas frequented by Thais (such as Cha Am Beach), then there are numerous areas where dried seafoods are sold.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,248 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying dried seafood,ie swallow nest

Hi

I'm not sure but you find it from the south or in Bangkok at ChinaTown

otherwise go to SamutSaKhon for dried seafood.

3. Re: Buying dried seafood,ie swallow nest

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:05 am, November 06, 2012
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,012 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buying dried seafood,ie swallow nest

I saw some recently in Warorot Market area however I can't say exactly what they were selling as I didn't take that much notice.

5. Re: Buying dried seafood,ie swallow nest

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 pm, December 13, 2013