We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights Chiang Rai to Chiang Mai

Which Chiang Mai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Queensland...
Level Contributor
725 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Flights Chiang Rai to Chiang Mai

We are spending 7 nights in Chiang Mai then taking the green bus to Chiang Rai, We were looking at doing a day tour back to Chiang Mai but it looks like everything to see would have already been covered in the tours we are doing with Jermsak.

As our flight doesn't leave Chiang Mai until after 8pm I was thinking that maybe we should look at flying from C/R to C/M which would give us nearly another full day in CR rather than on the road.

The other benefit is if we catch the bus back from CR to CM we will have all our luggage (and I'm hoping there'll be plenty by the end of the trip) so we basically have to go directly to the airport.

Thank you in advance.

I'm so excited - first time to Northern Thailand, can't wait.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights Chiang Rai to Chiang Mai

I don't think there are any flights between those two towns.

Penarth, United...
Level Contributor
1,316 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights Chiang Rai to Chiang Mai

I'm not sure that there is a flight from Rai to Mai but as the bus trip is only 3 hours, and considering you have to check in for a domestic flight one hour prior to departure, you really won't be saving a great deal of time.

Florida - Alaska...
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai Province, Outdoors / Adventure Travel
Level Contributor
5,049 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights Chiang Rai to Chiang Mai

No one flies that route.

Not sure of your outbound reservations/destination, but have you considered simply flying out of Chiang Rai, rather than driving back to CM Airport? Most of the same domestic carriers flying from CM also fly from CR.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights Chiang Rai to Chiang Mai

Or do as we did hire a car in Chiang Mai and drive to and from Chiang Rai, it's an easy drive and you can stop off to visit where you like.

5. Re: Flights Chiang Rai to Chiang Mai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 pm, December 15, 2013