We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

about the hill tribe Chiang Mai

Lunner, Oppland...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
about the hill tribe Chiang Mai

Adjust your expactions when it comes to visiting tribes, particulary the Karen long neck in Chiang Mai province. Reguardless which tour guide you take every tourist is bought to thebsame place a so called Long neck village where you won t see more than 3 or 4 women that have long necks. They will have exhibited some souvenir you can buy. I felt like i was in a human zoo. There was nothing authentic but how can it be when developed world came also to them. I think one has better chance seeing such people close to the burmese border.

Lanna Kingdom Tours
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours
Untouched Thailand
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Bike Tours, Cultural Tours
Chiang Mai Biking
City Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Bike Tours, Private Tours
Chiang Mai Tour Center
Private Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Cultural Tours, Sightseeing Tours
1. Re: about the hill tribe Chiang Mai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, July 16, 2013