We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

money exchange

Which Chiang Mai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Banbury, United...
Level Contributor
941 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
money exchange

Are there many exchange booths dotted around the city...Last year i bought my baht in england but have been advised to wait until i get to thailand as i will get a better rate.

Thanks

Windsor, United...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
20,871 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: money exchange

Hi,

There are a number of exchange booths and ATM's around the city. I don't think you will have any problems changing money. And yes, you will get a better exchange rate in Thailand.

Sunderland
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao
Level Contributor
1,807 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: money exchange

Hi

We're in Chiang Mai now and there's lots of exchange booths and ATM's. You'll have no problems changing your money here.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
9,958 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: money exchange

There are quite a few around the night bazaar area. Another good place to change money is at central airport plaza... The big shopping mall in Chiang mai. On the lower level , basement, there are a number of bank/money changers with good rates.

Caroline.

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
5,458 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: money exchange

The best place i have found is Super Rich on Lori Kroh ,it is up closer to Thapae gate end. They are always the best. Changing AUD the best time is general before 12 pm. It might be only o.3-.05 baht better than the some others.This probably has to do the the markets here in Australia opening in a different time zone.

I would suggest the rate will be much better than in the UK. This is for a number of reasons, the lower cost of the operation in Thailand compare to UK and moreover the Thai governent needing foreign monies such as US dollars, UK pound ,Euro and AUD

5. Re: money exchange

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:42 am, June 22, 2013