We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

honeymoon adveture types need advice

suffolk
2 posts
Save Topic
honeymoon adveture types need advice

hi

we are going to risk (with start moonsoon) honeymooning in Thailand on May 28th for two weeks. Could anyone advice whether this is a risky decision..havent booked anything yet. was thinking a few days Bangkok, 2 nights treking then week on Koh Samui. we were thinking of staying at Sofitel Silom Bangkok, Tamarind Village Chiang Mai, then doing at Lisu Lodge trek, the at the Ban Haad Ngam Koh Samui. we are 35yr and want romance with fun. Any advice on the above or better recommendations especially on Koh Samui accomdation and any treks...(least toursity the better!) Wont go if weather too much of a risk!!. thanks ...have beent to thailand loads of times but not this time of year!!

Modesto, CA
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: honeymoon adveture types need advice

my fiance and i are also thinking about doing our honeymoon in thailand, but at the beginning of September. We're looking for the same thing you're looking for adventure w/ romance. Please let me know how things goes....especially with monsoon season.

Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
777 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: honeymoon adveture types need advice

June is really a transition period between the hot season and the rainy season. The weather is hot and wet, the rain usually comes (if it comes) in thundershowers in late afternoon and is refreshing. You should have a lot of sunny days.

The pick of the rain comes in August/September but you still get about 15 days without rain.