We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pak Chiang Mai

Ohio
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
Pak Chiang Mai

Has anyone recently stayed at the Pak Chiang Mai? If you have, how does the guest house compare to other hotels in the area of similar quality/price? It looks like it will cost us $50 (end of May) for a standard room.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
10,436 posts
59 reviews
1. Re: Pak Chiang Mai

I haven't stayed there but I have eaten there and the owner showed me around some of their rooms and common areas. It is a small place but beautifully decorated. Someone has a wonderful eye for colour and design - just beautiful. It isn't far from the Chiang Mai gate into the old city and there is a colourful local market in the lane way close by. It is in a quiet street behind a high fence.

The common area has colourful cushions, hammocks and communal computers. There is also a little restaurant with a nice menu. Anyone can drop in to eat there.

It is consistently rated very highly in the TA World Hotel Awards - Was once no 1 best B&B in Asia (2009 - 2010).

The biggest downside is no pool - otherwise close to perfect.

Caroline.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
591 posts
51 reviews
2. Re: Pak Chiang Mai

I've stayed their with my husband and 2 children and we all LOVED it!

I dont think you can compare it to hotels.. sitting in the gardens having a few drinks with your family/friends - pure bliss!

We really didn't spend much time in our rooms as we played games in the common area until we were ready for bed.. kids loved staying their. Noon is lovely and very accommodating.

If you decide to stay their you will love it :-)

Ohio
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: Pak Chiang Mai

Thanks all for your responses. I really appreciate the feedback I receive. It makes planning much easier. Looks like we will be staying here for a few days at the end of the month. Any hidden secrets in Chiang Mai (surrounding areas) that I should be careful not to miss?

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
10,436 posts
59 reviews
4. Re: Pak Chiang Mai

Have a look at the FAQ top right of the page. I put together a top 20 things we enjoy doing. They are not really secrets - just things we enjoy and others have added lots of other ideas as well.

You will find your own hidden secrets. Chiang Mai is a place you can wander around and find little gems everywhere.

Caroline.

Ohio
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
5. Re: Pak Chiang Mai

Thanks again Caroline! So much good advice : ) ... Will be staying at Pak Chiang Mai for four nights at the end of the month!

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
10,436 posts
59 reviews
6. Re: Pak Chiang Mai

Please let us know how your trip goes. Have fun. C.

7. Re: Pak Chiang Mai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, October 01, 2012