We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family holiday hotel required

England
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
Family holiday hotel required

I am visiting Chaing Mai in April with my wife and two children aged 9 and 10 and am looking for a hotel with two ajoinung rooms or a two bedroom suite, I think we will need to have a pool as I understand it gets very hot in april. any help would be gratefully recieved. Also I have booked a two day trip to the Elephant Nature Park as I believe they do not have the elephant football type of activies can anybody confirm this.

Thanks

1. Re: Family holiday hotel required

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:37 pm, February 04, 2006
Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
777 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family holiday hotel required

Hi,

There's such a wide range of accommodation in Chiang Mai that without an indication of your budget for 2 rooms it is difficult to sinle out one place more than another.

I confirm that the Elephant Nature Park has not the kind of circus show you can see in the usual elephant camps. Instead you'll participate in the elephant bathing and learn more about this great animal.

england
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Family holiday hotel required

Thanks for your responces. It is good to know that the Elephant Nature Park is is we had hoped. The budget we are looking for would be in the region of $50 - $80 per room per night. But we really need ajoining rooms as I do not want to have to sleep in the same room as the kids on holiday but also do not want to leave them on thier own.

Thanks again

harvey

thailand
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Family holiday hotel required

Elephant Nature Park is a wonderful place for people and elephants to get together, it is truly unique and not like the other shows/trekking venues. You should really enjoy your two days there.

They don't allow elephant 'hooks' by the mahouts (kwon chang) and have demonstrated remarkable painfree/reward training alternatives to the traditional torture techniques.

People that have visited 'trekking' camps(read elephant rides) will notice the relaxed (and fat and healthy)nature of the elephants there and you can look them right in the eye and get to know them.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family holiday hotel required

Hi,

sorry to jump on board your post "Harv" but we are a family of 5 (7,5,3 y.o.) looking for a hotel in the same budget for early March (so missing the new openings!)I love the sound of Tamarind Village but it does not do interconnecting rooms. Imperial Chiang Mai has also been recommended but does have a few unfavourable reviews. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

USA
Level Contributor
222 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Family holiday hotel required

This is higly regarded and quite inexpensive. It was our first choice until we decided to be in the middle of th Night Market.

http://www.baanorapin.com/

England
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Family holiday hotel required

Thanks everybody for your help. I have managed to get a family room at Yang Come Village. They seem to have limited numbers of these rooms so I was very pleased to get one. When we tried to book the tamarind they stated on the reservation form that a lot of building work was going on so we changed our search. Thanks again for all your responces.

Canada
Level Contributor
80 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Family holiday hotel required

Hi

we are also a family of 5 travelling to Chiang Mai in March. We booked into the Yaang Come village as well with a family room. I booked directly with the hotel. They said that they only have 1 family room so I felt fortunate to be able to secure it.

USA
Level Contributor
222 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Family holiday hotel required

Hope one of you will post your evaluation of the YC. It's relatively new, close to the Night Market and any info would be appreciated.