We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport transfers

Which Chiang Mai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
Level Contributor
80 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Airport transfers

We will be arriving from Bangkok in March and I was wondering would it be easier to have the hotel pick us up at 100 baht per person (total 5 people and 5 mod large suitcases) or would it be easy to get a taxi. If we took a taxi, would they accomodate this number of people and luggage (or would we need 2 taxis) and what would the typical fare be.

We will be staying at the Yaang Come village so I am not sure how far the airport transfer will be.

UK
Level Contributor
404 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport transfers

If you can get the hotel to pick you up at a total of 500 baht for five people then I would stick with that.If they are reliable you can exit arrivals and be on your way in an instant..what could be easier.

A taxi into Bkk central will cost anywhere from 250-300 baht including highway fees etc if you use the official airport taxi queue..and this,depending on when you arrive might entail a long wait.A Limosine from a desk inside the airport is probably going to cost nearer to 700 or 800 baht.

I think you will also have problems fitting 5 people and 5 mod large suitcases into the average BKK taxi...although there probably won't be any shortage of drivers willing to give it a go!

My only concern might be that you will be picked up by something like a hotel bus that you will be sharing with others that are arriving around your time and this could mean you waiting around for them to exit immigration.If this is not the case and you have your own private transport for 500 baht then this for me at least is a "no brainer"..take it.

UK
Level Contributor
404 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport transfers

coldweathergirl,

Sorry- please ignore my previous post...the trouble with me is that I've no sense of E-direction ...I thought I was still on the Bangkok forum!

Sorry I can't help you with Chiang Mai taxi info...I always rent a car when I'm up in northern climbs.

3. Re: Airport transfers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:37 pm, February 04, 2006
Canada
Level Contributor
80 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport transfers

Thanks, I think they quoted me in email when I booked that the transfer would be 100 baht per person. I wasn't sure if this would be way more expensive than getting a taxi.

Ottawa, Canada
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport transfers

My husband and I are going to Chiang Mai in Feb and the hotel (Tamarind Village) has quoted us a price of 177baht per person one way. This sounds high to me if others are being quoted at 100baht. My 2003 edition of Lonely Planet is quoting a price of 100baht for taxis that can take 4-5 people and luggage. Anyone have any recent experience?

Melbourne,Australia
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport transfers

why all the skin flints???? what is 177baht??? $4 canadian???? so you are saying that is too expensive???? geeeez..... get real

Singapore
Level Contributor
143 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport transfers

If you wish to take a regular licensed taxi from the airport to your hotel (in the city area), walk to the extreme left when you exit the customs gate of the airport terminal. At the leftmost entrance you will find a taxi booking stand where you can take a taxi for B120. If there are five of you, you can take two taxis. Only B240 and you're definitely more comfortable than in a minivan!

Canada
Level Contributor
80 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport transfers

Thanks for the help.

Warwick, United...
Level Contributor
687 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport transfers

The problem is Taxis a SO RARE in CM airport that you wait FOREVER......

We went in November and had to wait AT LEAST 40 mins for a cab at the airport. Bite the bullet book the hotel transfer and save yourself valuable sightseeing time. As some one else said it actually isnt that much money. It was the ONE thing i hadn't organised in our whole Thailand trip and i will never do that again. (Cm is NOT like BK with loads of taxis, limos etc...)

Canada
Level Contributor
80 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport transfers

Good point. I think I will plan to book the hotel transfer just to make things easier.