We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel in chiang mai

Which Chiang Mai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
uk
Level Contributor
248 posts
1 review
Save Topic
hotel in chiang mai

would anyone recommend Empress in chiang mai? Or have about Chiang mai plaza?

1. Re: hotel in chiang mai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:04 am, October 24, 2005
uk
Level Contributor
248 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel in chiang mai

where is empress in cm? also i have 2 days there how do i book day excursions ? or can i hire a driver or taxi for the day.

Chiang Mai
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel in chiang mai

The Empress Hotel is on Chang Khan Rd.. You can hire taxi and excursion from the hotel.

Seattle / Taiwan
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel in chiang mai

I have heard that the Empress is great, and that their customer service is excellent. I've heard that the Plaza is the opposite. Some of their rooms are adequate, and others are terrible. I haven't actually stayed in either, but I'm getting married in Chiang Mai in March, and my wedding planner specifically warned me against the Chiang Mai Plaza, and specifically recommended the Empress.

The only thing I don't like about the Empress is that it's a big mega-hotel with hundreds of rooms, but they are supposed to have an excellent buffet and great service. It is my "overflow" hotel for my wedding if too many people come. :) It's also a little bit far from the action, but tuk tuks are very easy to come by.

Karen