We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chedi Chiang

Which Chiang Mai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Chedi Chiang

Does anyone know if the Chedi has reopened for business? Their website says that they are still closed following the floods last August!

hong kong
Level Contributor
284 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chedi Chiang

Hi, gc812,

Can you provide me with Chedi's website ? If you have its e-mail address, can you also provide it to me ? Also wonder if it has closed down. Would love to know more about it, e.g. if it has a spa offering various types of massage and body treatments and their prices.

BKK
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Chedi Chiang

they plan to reopen this coming November,however might be good to recheck with them again.

UK
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Chedi Chiang

www.ghmhotels.com/hotels/hotel_home.asp… is the web site.

Im not out there until April 06 so hopefully everything will be OK by then.

UK
Level Contributor
183 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chedi Chiang

I have had an email from the Chedi this morning confirming that they are reopening on 1 March 2006. It included this message:

"To replace all areas that have been affected by the flood, complete restoration work will take us up to 1st March 2006. We will open our door with all facilities on board.

To reassure you that flooding to this extend is not a regular occurrence at The Chedi Chiang Mai, we have been advised by the local authorities that this was an unprecedented event caused by many factors including heavy rains and dam water being released resulting in a phenomenal increased of water flowing through the Mae Ping River causing widespread flooding in the city."

hong kong
Level Contributor
284 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chedi Chiang

Hi,

Just wonder if this hotel is near to the night market and at a convenient spot. Do anyone know if the massage they offered is good and the price ? Well, we only read 1 good review about this hotel in this forum. So, should we really go onboard (given it is quite expensive by thai standard - over 5000 baht for not even the peak season )?

Seattle / Taiwan
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Chedi Chiang

I was in Chiang Mai yesterday, and stayed near the Chedi. From what I understand, they put all their electrical stuff in the basement, and when the floods came (and they did, several times) it destroyed all of it. They were only open for a few weeks before they got washed out. There was even more flooding last weekend, so Chiang Mai is having a hard time right now. It was still beautiful though, even during the rain storms! :)

My understanding is that they will open in March, too.

Karen

Denver
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Chedi Chiang

Did you choose a place to stay? What else did you find out about accomodations?

thanks

Daniel

USA
Level Contributor
222 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Chedi Chiang

The Royal Princess and Yang Come are in/near the Night Market. We stayed at the former last December. It would be a 2 1/2 star in the US. But it has great location.

Have read that the latter is also a good choice if proximity to the NM is a factor.