We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cooking Classes

Which Chiang Mai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Italy/Alaska
Level Contributor
1,572 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Cooking Classes

I've seen a Chiang Mai cooking school on television food channel...but can't remember the name.

Does anyone have recommendations for Thai cooking classes in the Chiang Mai area?

Italy/Alaska
Level Contributor
1,572 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cooking Classes

I found what I was looking for! But if anyone has personal experiences to share, would appreciate receiving them.

Canada
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cooking Classes

Hey the alaskaitaly:

I have had a fabulous time (twice now!) at the Chiang Mai Thai Cookery School. There's nothing like it! If you choose, you can go to Sompon's house outside the city for your classes. They'll pick you up and drop you off at your hotel...and the food is fantastic. Well, it is if you follow the instructions!

Have fun...

Italy/Alaska
Level Contributor
1,572 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cooking Classes

Thanks Molly-where do you stay when you are in Chiang Mai? I prefer a more deluxe accomodation-but like the idea of traditional design.

Any suggestions?

Oh...and also, when I saw this cooking school on TV, the owner did a shopping excursion to see how coconut milk was prepared, etc....do they do this kind of thing in the classes? I couldn't find any info of that sort on their website.

Townsville...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cooking Classes

Try www.thaicookeryschool.com

Canada
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cooking Classes

Hi again alaskaitaly:

Depending on the day of the course (each day there is a different menu of dishes) you may well get a trip to the market. On other days you learn to carve fruit and vegetables or perhaps have a "fruit tasting".

While in Chiang Mai I stayed at the Empress. Everyone's definition of luxury is different. This is a 3-4 star hotel; the lobby is quite lovely, the rooms are very nice, but not spectacular. I enjoyed my stay there...it's good value for the money.

Cheers

6. Re: Cooking Classes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:09 am, October 24, 2005
chicago,il
Level Contributor
177 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cooking Classes

Thanks for the suggestions from everyone. I too would love to take a class while in Thailand. After looking a both web sites, I think a lot of thai looks more personal and not so commerial. Has anyone taken a class from them. Thanks Sherry

Malaysia
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Cooking Classes

Hi

I've been there last year. Yui was so great. My food also Yummy. I really recommend their class.

Cheer!

Judy

Malaysia
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Cooking Classes

Hi again

Forgot to tell you that I mean " A lot of Thai " :)

Judy

10. Re: Cooking Classes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:38 pm, February 04, 2006