We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Elephant Nature Park Chiang Mai

Te Awamutu, New...
8 posts
Save Topic
Elephant Nature Park Chiang Mai

We are going to the Elephant Nature Park 1 1/2 hours north of Chiang Mai for their one night, 2 day experience (CAN'T WAIT!!!!) As they are North of Chiang Mai and we are traveling the following day to Chiang Dao to visit a Karen Village, Akha Village and Long Ear Village, I was considering staying close to the park rather than traveling back to Chiang Mai. Is this park on the way to Chiang Dao, what is the name of the closest town/village and is there any places to stay. I would really appreciate any help as I can't even find a location of the park.

Gronau, Germany
Level Contributor
804 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Elephant Nature Park Chiang Mai

Hi,

The ENP is between Chiang Mai and Chiang Dao. It is in the middle. Both approx 60 km. In Chiang Dao you could stay at Chiang Dao nest or Marisa Boutique Resort & Spa (www.marisaresort.com). I don't know any resorts closer to the ENP.

Tony

Te Awamutu, New...
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Elephant Nature Park Chiang Mai

Hi tony, thanks for the help. I will stay in Chiang Dao and get a head start in the morning. Would the staff at ENP take us there instead of Chiang Mai or would we need/be able to get a taxi? Thanks Vivienne

Gronau, Germany
Level Contributor
804 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Elephant Nature Park Chiang Mai

Hi Vivienne,

I know that ENP do pick-up service and also bring the guest back. When I stayed at Marisa Resort I saw their car and they picked up some guests. Don't know how much they will charge you. You could also ask the hotel where you will be staying to pick you up from ENP. Cost might be around THB. 1200.00, as a one way fare from Chiang Mai to Chiang Dao is approx. THB 1200.00 too. (Taxifare from CNX Airport to Chiang Dao)

Tony

Te Awamutu, New...
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Elephant Nature Park Chiang Mai

Hi Tony,

We love the look of the Marissa Resort you stayed at and have decided to stay there and add an extra night on as well. When we book both EPN and Marissa we will enquire about getting there now that we are positive about what we want to do. Did you visit the Karen Long Necked village and the other nearby villages when you were there? Marissa have a car hire service, would it be easy enough for us to drive ourselves or should we hire a guide. I'm worried without a guide that we might offend the village people in some way as we don't know there customs.

Thanks for writing to me Tony, it's the first time I've tried this. It's fantastic to be able to ask, get answers so quickly from non sales people who have really been there and plan our trip much better than when we went to Bali 12 years ago.

Gronau, Germany
Level Contributor
804 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Elephant Nature Park Chiang Mai

Hi,

Since you are used to drive at the left side, it should be no problem to drive in Thailand. But be aware of motorcyclists and fast/slow truckdrivers, who might just turn to the right in front of you. However, renting a car with driver doesn't cost you that much extra (I think around THB. 500 extra). Unfortunately I have not yet been to the Karen Long Neck Village. I know that between Fang and Chiang Rai there should be a village (as friends of mine went there in November), but I don't no where exactly.

Tony

Te Awamutu, New...
8 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Elephant Nature Park Chiang Mai

Thanks for the feedback Tony.

7. Re: Elephant Nature Park Chiang Mai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:26 pm, October 11, 2009