We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Chiang Mai to Lampang

Sydney
Level Contributor
51 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Taxi from Chiang Mai to Lampang

Any idea roughly how much this should cost? I've been told by the hotel that it can be arranged for me for about 1000Baht. Is that too much?

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
10,096 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from Chiang Mai to Lampang

Lampany is about two hours south of Chiang Mai. If you are wanting a driver to take you, wait and drive you back - you are really looking at a full day trip. 1000B seems reasonable if that is what the hotel is offering. You could look through the forum for recommended guides - and see what others have paid for a full day trip.

Caroline.

Sydney
Level Contributor
51 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from Chiang Mai to Lampang

Actually it's just a one-way trip that I'm after. I just need to be dropped off at the Elephant Conservation Center near there. I'm guessing then that 1000Baht is waaay too much.

New York
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from Chiang Mai to Lampang

I am also taking a taxi from Chiang Mai to the Thai Elephant Conservation Center (on Jan. 25), and my guesthouse is arranging the taxi for me. I also was quoted 1,000 Baht. I haven't questioned the price, as it's just over 30 USD, which I'm fine with paying given the distance and duration of the ride, as well as the simplicity of my guesthouse arranging the ride for me.

But if you'd like to look around, I suppose it might be possible to negotiate with a driver once you are in Chiang Mai?

Hope this helps.

Florida - Alaska...
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai Province
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from Chiang Mai to Lampang

If you are only going one way (I assume you have transport beyond at a later time), you can always take a bus. Most any bus heading for Lampang will drop you off at the Elephant camp, as they drive right past it. I haven't asked the price, but it wouldn't be much more than 100 baht.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
13 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from Chiang Mai to Lampang

MaryLee, I hope you get a chance to see some of Lampang. Almost no tourists and very inexpensive. Lampang is home of Burklerk Muay Thai Gym. Many farang in Lampang are assumed to be from Burklerk Gym. Be warned, not much to do but thats why I love it there!

6. Re: Taxi from Chiang Mai to Lampang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 pm, August 11, 2009