We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chiang Mai - thanks to everyone

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
1,734 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Chiang Mai - thanks to everyone

Hi,

Just returned from Chiang Mai and Bangkok and I would to say a huge thanks to all contributors to this forum. I planned and booked our trip after finding info on this site and it was an amazing holiday. Without all the tips and advice especially from locals and expats, things would have been more difficult. Our holiday was exciting from start to finish with so many funny incidents. Chiang Mai is great so friendly and cheap and I can't wait to return. If anyone needs some help feel free to ask.

Cheers Kym

Perth
Level Contributor
1,955 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Chiang Mai - thanks to everyone

Hi Kym,

Glad you enjoyed Chiang Mai, we also enjoyed our time there.

Would love to hear more about your stay there.

Cheers,

Stewie.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,118 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chiang Mai - thanks to everyone

Hi Kym

I am glad you enjoyed Chiang Mai.

Will await your JBR.

I cant wait till end of November.

Ed

sunshine coast
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chiang Mai - thanks to everyone

Hi there, myself and 5 friends are travelling to Thailand in Early March 09. We fly from Gold Coast to Kuala Lumpar (2 days) then to Chiang Mai. I wanted to know if its best to book accommodation and tours before we leave or wait until we get there. I have been told if you wait you get better prices?? But i dont know whether to take the risk?? After Chiang Mai we take the train to bangkok for few days. Then across to Phuket. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks Jodie

Brisbane
Level Contributor
3,861 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chiang Mai - thanks to everyone

Thailand is very easy to travel and booking accommodation and tours whilst in country is a breeze and will save you heaps of money. Chiang Mai has heaps of accommodation. Just short list where you want to stay and get a songthew there. If it turns out to not be as advertised, songthew to second option.

With the train from Chiang Mai back to BKK make sure that you book (through your Guesthouse or direct at the station) at least a few days in advance to make sure that you get your seats or berths all together.

If you going to Phuket for a week or so make sure you get out and about. Krabi and Phi Phi are great destinations and it would be sad to miss them.

Pics and stories from our trips to all the above loactions here ... www.thebobmarsh.com

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chiang Mai - thanks to everyone

would like to go there this November too. would be nice at that time!

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Level Contributor
366 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Chiang Mai - thanks to everyone

Glad to hear that you enjoyed Chiangmai and will be back.

We're welcome !!!!

Washington, USA
Level Contributor
7 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Chiang Mai - thanks to everyone

Can you give us future visitors more details - where you stayed, your activities, ... I am planning for December and feeling paniced without a room in CM.

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Chiang Mai - thanks to everyone

Country girl where did you stay in CM, would you reccommend it?

Perth
Level Contributor
1,955 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Chiang Mai - thanks to everyone

Hi Barbara,

If you want some details about Chiang Mai have a read of my 2 trip reports.

Type in the Chiang Mai search box.

Stewie's 2008 Chiang Mai Trip report.

Stewie's Day By Day Chiang Mai Trip Report.

Cheers,

Stewie.

10. Re: Chiang Mai - thanks to everyone

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 am, October 08, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Chiang Mai