We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air from Bangkok to Chiang Mai to Phuket

Which Chiang Mai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Jose, California
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
Air from Bangkok to Chiang Mai to Phuket

What's the best way to fly from Bangkok to Chiang Mai and then from Chiang Mai to Phuket? Would I have any problems with the budget airlines? We're planning to travel in September. Thanks

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,892 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air from Bangkok to Chiang Mai to Phuket

Hi,

Personally I always use Thai airways, they are always punctual and good flights. However, if you wish to fly direct from Chiang Mai to Phuket, Thai are the only carrier that operate this route.

Sarah

xx

Gronau, Germany
Level Contributor
804 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air from Bangkok to Chiang Mai to Phuket

Hi,

I agree with Sarah. I also use Thai Airways for my flights from Bangkok to Chiang Mai. They might be a bit more expensive then other budget airlines, but you are allowed more baggage and are reliable. E.g. Air Asia 15 kg, wereas Thai Airways allows 20kg (and sometimes they accept a little more). From Chiang Mai to Phuket only Thai Airways flies non stop. If you want to fly Air Asia, you will have to collect your luggage in Bangkok and check in again at their domestic counter for Phuket. It might be a little cheaper, but is more of a hustle.

Have a nice vacation.

Tony

Tokyo
Level Contributor
2,346 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Air from Bangkok to Chiang Mai to Phuket

If you can fly three sectors on Thai Air's domestic service, e.g. BKK(Bangkok) -> CNX(Chiangmai) -> HKT(Phuket) -> BKK, you might consider purchasing one of their airpasses.

'Star Alliance Thai Airpass' for USD 159 for the first 3 sectors then to be purchased up 6 coupons for USD 59 each. It's available when you fly into and out of Thailand on one of the Star Alliance carriers.

www.thaiairways.com.au/thai_star_alliance.asp

'Discover Thailand Airpass' for USD 199 for the first 3 sectors then to be purchased up to 8 coupons for 59 each. This pass can be purchased no matter who you may fly with into Thailand.

http://tinyurl.com/rtoyy

If you'd like to buy one of them, contact Thai in your country.

http://tinyurl.com/5cwk5o

ESSEX
Level Contributor
66 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air from Bangkok to Chiang Mai to Phuket

Have you ever herd of a carbon footprint? You must be size 12's there are plenty of sleeper trains going the way you need to go. Better for the environment, economy and your pocket.

5. Re: Air from Bangkok to Chiang Mai to Phuket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 pm, October 05, 2009