We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

U Chiang Mai Hotel

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
215 posts
4 reviews
7 helpful votes
U Chiang Mai Hotel

Trying to decide where to stay in Chiang Mai in January for a family of parents and 3 teenage daughters.

A new hotel called the "U Chiang Mai" has caught my eye.

Would anyone be able to comment on it's location, or possibly have seen it?

Would love any comments!

JasmineHolidays
Level Contributor
79 posts
89 reviews
84 helpful votes
1. Re: U Chiang Mai Hotel

Hi Shooshy

Sure - I was there 3 weeks ago. The hotel is in a great location (next to the Tamarind Village) on a busy street with lots of temples. They are trying to come across as being a bit trendy (hence the name!). Personally - not convinced. Rooms are OK, but a bit on the small side. You'll probably get a great opening rate though.

Phil

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
215 posts
4 reviews
7 helpful votes
2. Re: U Chiang Mai Hotel

Thanks for the feed back!

When we go in January the various new hotels all seem to drop their special opening rates! (surprise, surprise)

Have you any great ideas for us?

There are actually so many fantastic looking hotels I am struggling to choose.

Others I am considering:

D2- I love modern style and thought the girls may enjoy the atmosphere. However is at the upper end rates wise.

Sri Tara- brand new boutique hotel. Not sure about it's position though-Far away?

Bodhi Serene_Could be interesting. Some have complained it's noisy. any comments?

De Naga- Seems a very popular choice!

And of course the"U".

Too many good choices....Help me decide!

Shooshy

Bangkok
Level Contributor
63 posts
7 reviews
23 helpful votes
3. Re: U Chiang Mai Hotel

You find comments for all the hotels you mention on tripadvisor.com. If you want to see the locations of the hotels in Chiang Mai on a Google Map or in Google Earth, you find a link here:

…blogspot.com/search/…20Hotel

Florida - Alaska...
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai Province
Level Contributor
9,767 posts
2 reviews
3 helpful votes
4. Re: U Chiang Mai Hotel

We use the De Naga and Bohdi Serene frequently for our bike tour guests and all have enjoyed both. The Bohdi is a bit roomier inside and has a bigger pool which may appeal to your girls. Both are nicely located for accessing the old city area, Sunday market and not too far to the night bazaar.

None of our guests has complained about any noise, but being tired cyclists, they tend to sleep pretty soundly ;-)

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Level Contributor
366 posts
5. Re: U Chiang Mai Hotel

U Chiangmai is the new hotel in Rajadamnern Road. You can enjoy shopping on Sunday Night Market. It's in mid town and close to Wat PraSingh , Wat JediLuang , Three King Statue .

On November is starting torism high season in Chiangmai and the north. Rate of all hotels are back to high season rate.

6. Re: U Chiang Mai Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:21 am, October 05, 2009