We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels to stay at and things to do?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
79 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels to stay at and things to do?

I'm going to be traveling to Chiang Mai from Bangkok and would like to know if someone can recommend a nice hotel in the $75-$125 range that may or maynot be a spa/hotel. Also what is there to do up there?

Thanks

jose

Perth
Level Contributor
1,955 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels to stay at and things to do?

Hi Jose,

Have a look at my 2 trip reports.

type in Chiang Mai search box.

Stewie's 2008 Chiang Mai Trip Report.

Stewie's Day By Day Chiang Mai Trip Report.

Cheers,

Stewie.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
79 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels to stay at and things to do?

Stewie,

I found your post after I had posted mine. Great info in there. I hope to skip the bomb aspect of the offerings. :)

Thanks for the info.

Jose

Thailand
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels to stay at and things to do?

Check on Rimping village.it' good one.

christchurch
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels to stay at and things to do?

See at shewe wana boutique hotel. rate $70 - $75 nice swimming pool and garden.

Cheers

5. Re: Hotels to stay at and things to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:11 pm, June 13, 2008
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels to stay at and things to do?

I'm staying at the De Naga, a new boutique resort hotel. Booked through Go Thailand, has best rates!

Great cooking classes, I heard ot "A Lot of Thai". Amazing!

If you're into sightseeing, there's lots to see. CHeckout Asia Web Direct's website. There's info on just about anything in there (not only CHiang Mai).

If you're into challenging acitivites, you can go rafting (http://www.siamrivers.com)

mountain bike riding (http://www.mountainbikingchiangmai.com)

These site have lots of other recommendations. They are professionals and are safe.

Good luck!

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels to stay at and things to do?

I can also recommend the De Naga hotel- just stayed there a few weeks ago. There is not a spa, but there are massage places within two blocks, at the most.

Chiang Mai is fantastic- there is plenty to do in the city and the surrounds. We went to the Thai Farm Cooking School, which I highly recommend. It is on an Organic farm, they provide transportation, take you to an authentic market, and provide you with an experience of a lifetime- the food is incredible too!

There is plenty of culture to take in and many wats to see. Doi Suthep should be on your list.

How much time will you be in Chiang Mai?

Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels to stay at and things to do?

starside22,

Can you tell me how much would it cost to take a taxi/tuk tuk ride from the airport to the hotel?

The hotel charges a fortune on transportation.

Thought you may have tips on getting around.

Thanks!

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
10,132 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotels to stay at and things to do?

Wait until you arrive at the airport and get a cab to your hotel. Chiang Mai is not a big place. Getting around is very inexpensive. When you arrive at the airport there is a TAXI counter in the arrival hall. Go to the taxi counter and pay there. They will organise the taxi for you.

It won't cost you very much at all - can't remember exactly, but very reasonable.

Don't go with the hotel transfer.

Caroline.

10. Re: Hotels to stay at and things to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 am, September 30, 2009