We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon at Four Seasons in September?

Which Chiang Mai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bedford, United...
Level Contributor
113 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon at Four Seasons in September?

We are travelling to Thailand and Vietnam for our honeymoon in Late August / Early September and thinking of staying at the Four Seasons Chang Mai for part of it, either in the middle or at the end of the trip.

I have booked the flights to Bangkok arriving on the 26th August and also the first week in Koh Samui to try to ensure some post wedding relaxation and sun. I have nothing else booked yet.

We have been to Chang Mai before and have always wanted to go back and stay at the Four Seasons so it would make the honeymoon more special, however I don’t know if we would be better off leaving this for another trip due to the risk of grey rainy days?

We were constrained by the date for the wedding in the UK, however it is becoming apparent that most of SE Asia is not ideal for rain so advice would be appreciated!

Questions

Has anyone else stayed at the Four Seasons in early / mid September, if so what was it like?

If it does rain is the Four Seasons still a good place to be, cook school etc?

Is the climate likely to be any different up in the hills where the Four Seasons compared to the City?

Any recommendation about the sequence early or mid September?

Many thanks in advance

Canada / Thailand
Level Contributor
108 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon at Four Seasons in September?

Later September should have less rain but with global warming who can tell?

I think that a little rain sometimes should not effect your plans.

It is beautiful up in the hills in the rainy season. Green and lush and not too hot.

The spa there is wonderful and if it rains so what there is always things to do that the rain will not effect. It a honeymoon!

It is always not raining for hours during the day as a rule. So relax have another glass of wine and wait a few minutes it will stop.

If you ask the Four seasons it will tell you "The Four Seasons still a good place to be" at anytime

Life is to live not postpone

just outside NYC
Level Contributor
315 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon at Four Seasons in September?

I can't think of a more honeymoon-friendly location (we loved the 4S Chiang Mai and the spa is to die for) but September is the height of the rainy season throughout most of Thailand. I've been to Cambodia during the rainy season and you get some really torrential, if short-lived rains.

Have you considered Bali? Different weather pattern entirely, and not shabby at all as a honeymoon destination.

Bedford, United...
Level Contributor
113 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon at Four Seasons in September?

Hi thanks for the replies so far, I appreciate the life’s not for postponing sentiment, and have been booking special hotels for the rest of the honeymoon based on the life’s too short not to view. However I am still agonising over the Chang Mai decision as the itinerary is fairly hectic so far and adding CM on at the end requires extra flights from Da Nang to Bangkok and then up to CM which might be a bit much if it chucks it down for 3 days!

The rough itinerary so far is

London – Bankok 1 night

Bankok – Samui 6 nights

Samui-Hanoi 2 nights

Ha Long Bay trip 2 nights

Hoi An 4 nights

Da Nang-BKK-CM 3 nights

CM-BKK 1 night

BKK-London

Any views on the balance of making the most of the honeymoon and quart / pint pot would be greatly appreciated.

Gronau, Germany
Level Contributor
804 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon at Four Seasons in September?

It is a hectic trip at the end. You could consider 3 days at Hua Hin, instead of CM, but then you are at the beach again. It gives you more relaxation at the end of your trip and it is not to far frm BKK.

5. Re: Honeymoon at Four Seasons in September?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 pm, September 05, 2009