We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

September weather

Which Chiang Mai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bellville, South...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
September weather

Can anyone tell me what we can expect weatherwise in mid September. People are telling me it will be rain and more rain and that we've chosen a bad time for northern Thailand.

Chiangmai
Level Contributor
706 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: September weather

It rains at night and very heavy. You might get a short shower in and close to the mountains in the late afternoon. You will be fine but not a good time for trekking because of the mud and slippery trails, white water rafting excellent.

For the islands and beaches the seas will be very rough, many beaches undertow to strong for swimming. At times ferries might need to cancel trips to islands. I was stranded on Samui for 2 days in September 1999 because of high waves and rough seas.

Have fun,

Randy and Ning

Bellville, South...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: September weather

Thank you both for the speedy response. We're actually going to be in Chiang Mai for a week checking out the temples and doing some shopping but not trekking, so maybe I should just pack a couple of ponchos.

Go well.

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
158 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: September weather

Hi all

what is the weather like during the day in September? Does it rain every day and how often? Is it just a short shower or nonstoping rain? I would also appreciate your advice on which Island (beach) to visit in September ?

Thanks

Kata

4. Re: September weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 pm, September 03, 2009