We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mandarin orientel or four seasons Chiang MAI

london uk
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Mandarin orientel or four seasons Chiang MAI

i am trying to decide which resort to go to next Christmas.

The Four Seasons or Mandarin Oriental Chiang Mai,

I am travelling with Two 5 year olds

Mentioned in this post
Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai Province, Thailand
Kanazawa, Japan
Level Contributor
3,920 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mandarin orientel or four seasons Chiang MAI

The Four Seasons is farther out than the MO, being over 30 minutes drive from Chiang Mai. The MO is much closer, maybe 10 or 15 minutes drive.

They both say they offer kids activities, but the MO seems to be a bit more organized about it...though both are equally welcoming to children I think. At Christmas, too, there probably will be at least a couple of families staying at each.

Mentioned in this post
Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai Province, Thailand
Weinfelden...
Level Contributor
33 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mandarin orientel or four seasons Chiang MAI

The ladies at the MO kids club told us that during Christmas season 2005, they had 30-50 kids at the hotel. And that was at a time when the MO had about 70 rooms. Now the number of rooms has doubled. Doesn’t sound very relaxing.

Our girls (aged 2 and 4) love the MO. Not only the kids club but also the pools, the horses, the cake shop, the library (a lot of cartoons to choose from), the bathtub (has a “light show”), the food and the friendly staff.

I can’t comment on the FS except that it is too far away from town for us.

Chiangmai
Level Contributor
706 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mandarin orientel or four seasons Chiang MAI

The MO also has free bikes the kids can ride. on the large grounds. The four seasons is not as family oriented and they might get bored. It seems to cater more to the high end couples and older persons than the MO. We have friends with children that stay there often ( it is close to our house) and the kids didn't want to go on tour they were having soooo much fun at the MO. Staff is great the surroundings are excellent. That gives loads of time for mom and dad to have fun on their own and romantic moments while the kids are taken care of. MO no doubt. Close to town, restaurants, shopping but still a country atmosphere.

Have fun,

Randy and Ning

4. Re: Mandarin orientel or four seasons Chiang MAI

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, August 31, 2009