We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ChiangMai in June

Which Chiang Mai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
brisvegas
Level Contributor
44 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
ChiangMai in June

My wife & I had considered including 6 nights in ChiangMai as part of our Thailand trip in June but we are now not so sure due to the wet season.

We are not interested in trekking but would like an overnight trip to Chiang Rai. We want to see hilltribes, craft villages etc.

What happens to the Sunday market in the wet ?

I have seen posts suggesting that the rain will limit what we can do ...

We also wanted to try staying at a b&b but wanted to visit it before booking - is this advisable or should we book all the ChiangMai accomodation before leaving (like it has been suggested for Bangkok)

Is there anyone who can elaborate on this please ...

Chiangmai
Level Contributor
706 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ChiangMai in June

The hard rains do not begin until around mid July and this is the same for all of Thailand not just the north. The rains are mostly at night so no problems getting around.

The Nest B&B here in Chiang Mai is very nice and only 8 rooms. Many guests there stay for weeks. I can give you their URL if you write to my email here at TA. I don't want to do URL's for businesses here on the forum as it appears like spam.

If you do the overnight trip to Chiang Rai spend the evening in Thaton. There are some very nice bungalows on the Mae Kok river. Lots of hill tribes in this area that are easy to get to by local transportation, bike or motorbike. The next afternoon take the long tailed boat to Chiang Rai.

Have fun,

Randy and Ning

2. Re: ChiangMai in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 pm, August 31, 2009