We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels near elephant nature park

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
18 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
hotels near elephant nature park

Hello all,

I need to find a good hotel not too far from the above . I have no idea how far the sanctuary is from the airport. I will arrive in chiang mai late night. I'm hoping hotels have transportation from the airport.

Any help is welcome - I'm happy to stay at guest houses too.. I won't have a car to get around

8 replies to this topic
Florida - Alaska...
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai Province
Level Contributor
6,883 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotels near elephant nature park

ENP provides hotel pick up in Chiang Mai. No need to be any closer and actually there is not much to choose from out there.

Most any hotel in the city will be just a few minutes by taxi from the airport. A few offer hotel pick up for a fee, but taxi is usually cheaper and easy to deal with.

Mentioned in this post
Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai Province, Thailand
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,554 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotels near elephant nature park

With tours, they pick you up and drop you off after the tour. They will notify you a time to be ready in the foyer

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
2,990 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotels near elephant nature park

As above you cannot arrive at ENP yourself only on their transport. ENP is a good hour's drive from Chiang Mai and no hotels in the area.

Mentioned in this post
Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai Province, Thailand
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
18 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotels near elephant nature park

Many thanks for that. On average how much does one spend a day? Not sure how much things cost and I assume, perhaps wrongly, that visitors are charge more?

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
8,310 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotels near elephant nature park

How much one spends depends on the life style you have. For example if you go to dinner and order a bottle of wine. Because it has 375% import duty.That said a 500 ml bottle of water is from 7 baht ,a can of Coke ids about 15 baht and a good icecream is from about 25 baht at 7/11

Price do vary across the city as you move out from the more Tourist areas and rents are lower something are cheaper. For example in the old city I would expect to pay 200 baht for a foot massage. Out in the Suburbs where I stay it would be 180 baht.

In Thailand and this always cause some debate, some places are free to Thai Nationals or at lower rate than non Thai. For Example Art In Paradise the rate is higher non Nationals.

Chok Dee

Mentioned in this post
6. Re: hotels near elephant nature park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:35 am, today

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
18 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotels near elephant nature park

Thank you John. I will look into it

Perth, Australia
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: hotels near elephant nature park

I am interested to find out where you ended up staying please. I have booked to stay at ENP for the one night/two days in January 2019. I need to find somewhere to stay the night before and the night after. ENP will collect from their office on CM or from some hotels around the area from their office.

Edited: 10:09 am, today
Reply to: hotels near elephant nature park
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;