We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

copy handbags

australia
7 posts
Save Topic
copy handbags

Travellers where would I buy copy handbags in Chiang Mai.

Thanks Ginny NSW

Australia
Level Contributor
111 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: copy handbags

Ginny

I didn't see any GOOD copies in Chiang Mai

HOWEVER

Absolutely loved the shopping there, everything is that little bit different from Bangkok and Phuket, bought some of my most treasured things from the Sunday Market

Perth
Level Contributor
1,955 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: copy handbags

Hi Kristabelle,

A bit of a silly question, are the Sunday Markets only on a Sunday?

What were the good things that you bought there?

Cheers,

Stewie.

Australia
Level Contributor
111 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: copy handbags

Hi Stewie

Not a silly question at all especially when your in Thailand!

Yes they are ony on Sunday (located near star bucks on the canal)

.. but then there is also a Saturday market in a different location, didn't make it there but friends we met there said it was even better than the Sunday market - no idea of the location but they did say it was a bit out of the way.

We bought a beautiful hand painted wood mirror (declared through cutoms with no problem), unique skirts, hats and bags that I didn't see outside of Chiang Mai (at Bangkok or Phuket), beautiful thick silver bracelet - best price and quality we found, generally just different stuff!

Perth
Level Contributor
1,955 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: copy handbags

Hi Kristabelle,

Only trouble is we arrive from Phuket on a Sunday afternoon and fly out the following Friday so we won't be there for a Saturday.

Cheers,

Stewie.

Australia
Level Contributor
111 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: copy handbags

Perfect timing for the Sunday market then... as its open till 11pm! Have a fabulous time on your holiday

xx

Australia
Level Contributor
510 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: copy handbags

Hi Ginny

My two teenage daughters and myself bought a chloe bag at the night bazaar. You have to shop around to find ones that are good replicas as different stalls have different quality.

Absolutely no one back home could tell the difference and thought they were the original $350 from Australia.

Cost us 1400 baht

England
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: copy handbags

Hi,

We were in Chiang Mai last year and I saw plenty of copy Handbags and purses, but I would say they are better in Bangkok at the MBK centre.

Thanks

Julie

Sydney
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: copy handbags

Ginny,

The best place to buy items such as what you are looking for is at the night Bazaar. But, if you ask the sellers, they are genuine, so this might not be the best place for you :)

Sydney
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: copy handbags

Ginny,

my wife has just read this and told me to let you know not to buy any handbags or pillow cases, table runners and the like in Phuket because they are triple the price.

10. Re: copy handbags

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 pm, August 27, 2009