We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Deep cleansing / extraction facial

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,321 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Deep cleansing / extraction facial

Hi all, I'm looking for a good deep cleansing facial that includes blackhead extraction. Not interested in those that just do a light massage with fragrances etc.

Thanks in advance and hope to find an answer soon, I'm visiting on 15th May right after my birthday so it's kinda a birthday treat for myself!

4 replies to this topic
Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
9,131 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Deep cleansing / extraction facial

There are salons that do this in all the large shopping malls. They seem to have permanent promotions eg Thb 399 or 450 per treatment. But read what is included and also the duration, sometimes the offers are cheap because you will only be on the bed for 40 mins or so.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,321 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Deep cleansing / extraction facial

KhunBill, thanks but do you maybe have some specific recommendations? It's my first time there and I only have ONE day (sorry, should've made this clearer in my post) so I really don't have the time to shop around. I do want to get some sightseeing done too, you know?

New York City, New...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Deep cleansing / extraction facial

Hi Ellyse,

I'm too late in responding to your post since I see that you've already gone to Chiang Mai in May, but I'm hoping this may help anyone else living in or visiting Chiang Mai who's looking for a thorough facial with deep scrubbing and extractions.

I found this place that I've been going to for such facials. They're called Reface or also go by Dee Dee Beauty. They are walking distance from the YMCA where I've been taking beginning Thai language classes. It's not a "western type of spa" or anything fancy looking for the outside - it just looks like a standard Thai establishment. But the staff inside speaks fluent English. You can also schedule an appointment in advance by messaging them either via facebook or the LINE App. Their line ID is: @tym8292j

https:/…

I got the Set B facial twice already. It's 500 baht and includes the scrubbing/vacuuming and extractions among other things. And the facial didn't feel rushed. Each time the facial lasted about 1.5 hours.

Oh and I've also gotten eyelash extensions there twice - they use mink lashes - and they did a great job both times (I tried different lengths each time). It costs 699 baht for a full set.

I had gone for a facial at nearby Kad Suan Kauw mall and paid the same amount and it didn't include any extractions (which I need with every facial since the humidity here clogs my pores quickly). The facial I got at the mall was supposed to last 60 minutes but only took about 45 minutes to complete.

I had also gone for eyelash extensions at another salon at Kad Suan Kauw mall when I first arrived to Chiang Mai, based upon a recommendation for a youtube vlogger. I had only paid 300 baht for it...but you get what you pay for! The staff at the salon didn't speak any English and I kept trying to explain that I had mascara on that needed to be remove first(I was out and about earlier that day and kind of showed up to the salon on a whim, otherwise I would have showed up without any eye makeup if I knew I had an appt scheduled). They acknowledged that they understood...but then proceed to just attach the lashes without removing my eye make-up first. The lashes also didn't feel soft. They started falling within a day and I ended up plucking all the remaining lashes out by day 2!

Edited: 11:00 pm, August 26, 2017
Mentioned in this post
Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai Province, Thailand
Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Deep cleansing / extraction facial

Hi,

I am posting this to let you know about my experience at Dee Dee Beauty, because I was looking a place for extractions and when I read the review of cljhl2016 I decided to go there. It is outside Old City, when I arrived by car I was surprised because Chiang Mai is full of beauty centres and this a very small and not well maintained center. Anyway I had a facial with extraction and seaweed mask. After the treatment I saw that they didn't extract all of them, I still had a lot of clogged pores to extract. It was more like a relaxing treatment. And just after one day a breakout began on my face and in 2 weeks all my face was full of acne and inflammation. I am 41 years old and never had this much breakout in my life. I had to go to a good center- Absolute Clinic- to have an IPL treatment.

I can not relate the breakout with the quality of the facial treatment, maybe it is because my pores were all opened and exposed to bacterias with the additional effect of humidity here. I just want to say that, if anyone is looking for a good place like me and reading this topic, it is not worth going there. Good luck!

Mentioned in this post
Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai Province, Thailand
Reply to: Deep cleansing / extraction facial
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted