We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skytrain - from Shangri La to Chatuchak market

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
101 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Skytrain - from Shangri La to Chatuchak market

Hi

Does anyone have any idea, even a geuss would be appreciated, of how long this journey would take?

I'm presuming from reading other comments that this is the quickest way of getting there and back.

Many thanks

Helen

Bangkok
Level Contributor
179 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Skytrain - from Shangri La to Chatuchak market

Hi Helen

The journey would be around 40 mins assuming from the number of stops. I think there are around 11 stops for the total journey so let say 3-4 mins/stop.

Celine

Mason, Ohio
Level Contributor
486 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Skytrain - from Shangri La to Chatuchak market

I would guess 45 mins to an hour. From the Shangri-La, you can hop on the Skytrain at Saphan Taksin. Get off at Sala Daeng (3 stops) and change onto the MRT (underground). From there, it's about a dozen stops all the way through to Chatuchak Park. Or, you can stay on the BTS and change at Siam Interchange. Then take the skytrain to the end of the line at Mo Chit station.

Chiang Khong...
Level Contributor
4,721 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Skytrain - from Shangri La to Chatuchak market

hi sdhayes is correct

when I was at bossetel near the shangri la that is the way I went i took the BTS all the way and only took 30 min. If you want to go to Lumpinni night Bazaar take the BTS to Sala daeng then MRT 1 stop to Lumpinni . If using the BTS all day buy an all day pass

4. Re: Skytrain - from Shangri La to Chatuchak market

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, August 19, 2009