We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Room types at the Peninsular Hotel

Melbourne,Australia
Level Contributor
377 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Room types at the Peninsular Hotel

Can anyone tell me the difference between a Deluxe Room & a

Grand Deluxe Room. I tried to email the hotel but they say just go for the Grand Deluxe .

Any help would be appreciated.

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
220 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Room types at the Peninsular Hotel

I would have recommended you to look at their website, but there are no discernable differences between the 2 room descriptions.

I have a contact within the Peninsula group who I have to email anyway to discuss our stay (we like the balcony rooms), and I will see if they can answer.

The only difference there may be is the floor level. (A bit like the Mutiara in Penang which has identical rooms that are classed as superior, deluxe, grand deluxe - which translated to floors 1 - 4, 5 - 10, 11 - 16).

bfg

SFO-NRT-SIN-BKK
Level Contributor
612 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Room types at the Peninsular Hotel

Hi Paul,

Hope to be of some assistance, as I am presently in Bangkok for work and staying, once again, at the Peninsula --- in a Grand Deluxe Room. (My primary Pen room category for business.)

Main difference from a Deluxe Room category is a higher elevation. Nice contrast from the Oriental, where I'll be staying in a few days.

Have always had the best experiences in a Pen GDR. Somewhat analogous to my primary mode of business travel, Raffles Class, on Singapore Airlines. (And it doesn't get much better than that; personal reasons, mind you.)

Have a fine, high, time...

macintosh (robert)

High and high in the sky/

You make me feel like I can fly/

So high/

Elevation/

(U2)

Melbourne,Australia
Level Contributor
377 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Room types at the Peninsular Hotel

Melbourne,Australia
Level Contributor
377 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Room types at the Peninsular Hotel

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
220 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Room types at the Peninsular Hotel

Hi Paul

I've had a response from the Peninsula, and it is as has been suggested.

Deluxe rooms are on floors 4 - 8, and Grand Deluxe from 9+.

If you have an Amex card, they should have 'deals' direct with the hotel that offer additional benefits, like breakfast, upgrades at checkin if available etc.

Regards

bfg

6. Re: Room types at the Peninsular Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:21 am, August 27, 2009