We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nana or Soi Cowboy - Which one is best?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
146 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Nana or Soi Cowboy - Which one is best?

Travelling alone to Bangkok and have only one night to stay. So wondering where should I spend my quality time? Is it Nana Plaza is the best or Soi Cowboy?

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
5,103 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nana or Soi Cowboy - Which one is best?

there less than 2 kms apart, go to both

Cowboy soi 21

nana soi 4

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
11,299 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nana or Soi Cowboy - Which one is best?

IMHO Cowboy is more relaxed and a more fun area than Nana which is degenerating every year and becoming more and more just a pick up spor for sex tourists. Soi Cowboy there are of course gogo bars if you want them but at either end of the pedestrianised street there are bars where you can just sit outside and people watch if you like.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
9,538 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Nana or Soi Cowboy - Which one is best?

Agree with above and usually bring first timers to Soi Cowboy if they want to have a peek.

London, United...
Level Contributor
475 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nana or Soi Cowboy - Which one is best?

As mentioned above you could check out both in the same evening. But Soi Cowboy is a lot better than Nana. If checking out both and wanting to go into the ' dance bars ' I would start with Nana Plaza. I like Spankeys, up the stairs on the left as you walk into the plaza. Good fun atmosphere and they don't hassle the punters. The dance club next door has some good rock music. Maybe start off there about 9 or 10 pm and after an hour head to Soi Cowboy. There are two live music bars at the start of Soi Cowboy and you could sit outside and watch the tourists stroll by. I see enough tourists already and prefer going indoors. Susie Wongs has the best show in my opinion. They have a few shows in fact. The guy that does the body painting is incredible but that's not my favourite show there. But the best gogo bar I have been to anywhere in Thailand is Crazy House. Walk down to the end of Soi Cowboy and turn right into Soi 23 and it's first door on the right about 10 metres along.

Gulfport, MS
Level Contributor
786 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nana or Soi Cowboy - Which one is best?

Hey now, those same types of bars at the ends of Soi Cowboy are also at the front of Nana Plaza.

One is a street (Soi Cowboy) and one is an open-air plaza (Nana). Both have the same types of bars and precautions. You can overspend in either or get some good deals. Any shows generally start at 10pm if the bar has them.

There are more ladyboy bars in Nana than Cowboy, but there are also more shows in Nana from the gogos as well. IMO I have generally found Cowboy to be more expensive especially around the Arab's bars.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
146 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nana or Soi Cowboy - Which one is best?

Great info ...... are there any good GOGO bar at Soi Cowboy or NANA is the place for that? Any suggestions? I am first timer to these places.

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
17,816 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Nana or Soi Cowboy - Which one is best?

Look over both places. They are not that far apart anyway.

http://bangkok2night.com/maps/sukhumvit

Hotel location could help or hurt you. A hotel in the Nana-Asoke area means you can walk to lots of stuff.

Edited: 9:00 pm, January 29, 2016
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
11,299 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nana or Soi Cowboy - Which one is best?

TravelVU

As mentioned by Jagamania Susie Wongs is in Soi Cowboy

London, United...
Level Contributor
475 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nana or Soi Cowboy - Which one is best?

TravelVU, as this is a family friendly site would be better to Google search Cowboy and Nana gogo bars for suggestions on the best ones to go to. stickboybangkok has an informative section on gogo bars and news on Thailand in general. Stickman Bangkok makes for interesting reading as well.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
33,516 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Nana or Soi Cowboy - Which one is best?

"So wondering where should I spend my quality time? Is it Nana Plaza is the best or Soi Cowboy?"

======

QUALITY time? Deary deary me.