We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting around Bangkok

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
66 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Getting around Bangkok

We, a family of 2 adults and 2 kids (9 &12) are staying at the following hotel in Bangkok

S.D. Avenue Hotel

94 Borommarat Chachonnani Road,

Bang Bamru, Bang Phlat,

Bangkok 10700

What is our best way of getting to places like MBK, Wat Po and Wat Phra Kaeo.

Taxis, Express Boat etc

Is the following journey overcomplicated or would it miss the traffic madness I have only read about.

Walk to N12 boat pier on the Phra Pinklao Bridge, Express boat to N1 , walk to Skytrain stop at Taksi Bridge and ride to MBK.

All the guide books I read and forums like this are so helpful but sometimes its information overload and you think far to much before actually going to the places and just finding it all out on your own. Still your help would be greatly appreciated.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,325 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting around Bangkok

You are staying a long way out.....

Suggest it will be a long walk to the bridge in the heat of the day.

It must be a mile or more. And that road is a busy one.

Plenty of buses pass along this road into the city, both airconditioned and non-airconditioned.

Too many to list, and probably several go directly to MBK area.

Suggest you buy a bus map or ask hotel reception.

I know the traffic is bad, but the novelty of travelling around in the heat of the day soon wears off.

Bus is the cheapest way, and fun travelling with the locals, and if you decide to get off half way and use other means, up to you!

My bus map is issued by www.bangkokguide.co.th if you want to take a look.

Andy

2. Re: Getting around Bangkok

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, August 19, 2009