We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Silk?

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
United States...
Level Contributor
388 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Silk?

Is there a place where we can buy silk? Also I would like to find hand emborderd silk as well. I have some from China and just love it. Thanks

nuneaton
Level Contributor
337 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Silk?

you will be able to buy silk in abundence , even some of the hotels sell it , go to mbk shopping centre they have loads .

Chiang Khong...
Level Contributor
4,875 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Silk?

Make sure it is silk

you will find cloth for sale every where

but not all is real silk. there is a lot of polyester. mistaken for silk

I bought what I thought was silk for a friend but when I got it back

she told me it was polyester she is an expert and I am but a male

Mokhotlong, Lesotho
Level Contributor
2,618 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Silk?

There is a lot of cheap Chinese silk for sale (low price). Also low quality Vietnamese silk is offered.

Thai silk is not embroidered as Thai silk is quite thick in comparison to Chinese silk.

A nice silk shop is "Lea's" in the Promenade Mall, next to Nailert Park hotel. It is handwoven silk, dyed with non-toxic dyes. The colours are very different from the usual traditional style.

United States...
Level Contributor
388 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Silk?

Thank you for all the information and advice. I have no idea what is real silk or not. I lucked out in China, b/c I will with a native friend and we went to a place he highly recommended.

5. Re: Silk?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, August 20, 2009