We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chao Phraya River

India
Level Contributor
210 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Chao Phraya River

Is there any nightlife along the river? Restaurants/ pubs etc?

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
726 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Chao Phraya River

Hi Celine,

Have checked out your seafood restaurant tip. It's near Rama 8 Bridge and looks good. But what's the best way to get there? If by taxi then I can see a problem for we farangs telling the driver where to go!

Bangkok
Level Contributor
179 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Chao Phraya River

HI Broadacres

I have to say that, the best way to go there is by taxi. Actually, it is close to Khao San road. You can walk to Khao San road from the restaurant.

You can tell a taxi to go to Samsen Soi 3 near Wat Sam Praya.

If you can see below in Thai language. You can copy and print for a taxi.

Restaurant name: ร้านกินลมชมสะพาน

I hope this help

Celine

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
726 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Chao Phraya River

That's brilliant Celine. Thank you so much. Will copy these directions in Thai should we use a taxi.

Incidentally, there's a public holiday Sunday 10 December - Constitution Day. Is it the custom for markets, boats, Wats etc, to be closed down that day? Would appreciate any information.

Bangkok
Level Contributor
179 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Chao Phraya River

Hi

You can do a tour at any temples, markets and cruises with no problem on 10 December : )

I have checked the information for the Grand Palace. It is open too.

Enjoy your holiday : )

Celine

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
726 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Chao Phraya River

Thanks Celine. Off to Phuket first then it's Bangkok. Really looking forward to our trip now.

16. Re: Chao Phraya River

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 pm, August 21, 2009