We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reclining Buddha $ and Distance...

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
South Florida...
Level Contributor
496 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Reclining Buddha $ and Distance...

How much does it cost to see the reclining buddha? and how long does it take to get there from Narai Hotel on 222 Silom Road, Bangkok 10500.

Thank you!

Bangkok
Level Contributor
179 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Reclining Buddha $ and Distance...

As far as I know, it is 50 Baht for the entrance fee. You can get a taxi from Narai hotel to there, I think it costs around 60-80 depending on the traffic or you can get a sky train (I think the closest station is Chongnonsee) to the end of route (Saphan Taksin) which is 2 stations away and get the taxi boat which cost you around 10+ Baht to Tha Chang pier. The temple is just there just cross the road.

Don't forget to visit the Grand Palace and the emerald buddha temple and Wat Arun too. They are in the proximity distance for walking or take a 'Tuk Tuk' (typical tri-wheels motercyle). Wat Arun is just office of Wat Pho (where the reclining buddha resided). You can take a boat to get across the river.

All the best

Celine

South Florida...
Level Contributor
496 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reclining Buddha $ and Distance...

We are actually leaving our hotel with our guide (we bought a honeymoon package) at about 9:30-9:45am and we're going to Grand Palace-Wat Phra Keow.. The reclining Buddha is not included in the tour and I am hopping to be able to see the reclining buddha if close enough, but I don't know how long it would take me to get there from Grand Palace-Wat Phra Keow. So if anyone could help me figure out if its within walking distance it would be great.. or perhaps how far in taxi and how much more or less...

I honestly don't want to leave BKK w/o seeing it.

Thanks a lot!

3. Re: Reclining Buddha $ and Distance...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 am, August 14, 2009