We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Silom or Sukhumvit ?

UK
Level Contributor
30 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Silom or Sukhumvit ?

Hi, going to Bangkok for first time at New year and have narrowed hotel search down to the Majestic Grande or the Lebua at State Tower.

Both hotels have great reviews - the Lebua looks more luxurious however not sure which area would be best to stay in. The Majestic is situated at Sukhumvit and Lebua is in Silom area.

We want to be near to shopping and nightlife - dont mind getting taxis but dont want to be too far away from everything.

Does anyone know which of these hotels would be best located?

Also - whats going on at New Years Eve in Bangkok?

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Majestic Grande Hotel
Majestic Grande Hotel
1,718 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
lebua at State Tower
lebua at State Tower
7,819 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Sukhumvit
Sukhumvit
1,850 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Bangkok
Level Contributor
1,599 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Silom or Sukhumvit ?

ive always preferred sukhumvit to silom, dont know why. But its really up to you. Both are good as long. I dont know exactle where the Lebua is but I think that the best place is near a sky train station and i know for sure that the Majestic Grande is near Nana. So its your call now.

Mentioned in this post
lebua at State Tower
lebua at State Tower
7,819 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Majestic Grande Hotel
Majestic Grande Hotel
1,718 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Nana Hotel
Nana Hotel
804 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Bangkok
Level Contributor
238 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Silom or Sukhumvit ?

lebua. This is a new hotel brand and they owners and managers are trying really hard to make their name on the internation scene. The rooms are very large for hteol room and the locaton is fine, lots fo shops, bars restaurants, and tge skytrain a few minutes walk away.

Boston...
Level Contributor
512 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Silom or Sukhumvit ?

Lebua is in the state tower building I believe (the one with sky bar and sirocco). The views are great and the location is very nice. I personally prefer the silom and river areas to sukomvit, but perhaps that is just because I am more familiar with them. You can't go wrong with either. The Majestic Grande is supposed to be really nice. probably has a nicer lobby and overall hotel experience. the lebua as I said I believe is in a big building with a fairly generic lobby, but the rooms are supposed to be bigger and would have amazing views.

Mentioned in this post
lebua at State Tower
lebua at State Tower
7,819 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
4. Re: Silom or Sukhumvit ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:20 am, August 17, 2009