We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bangkok with kids

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Warrington, Cheshire
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Topic
Bangkok with kids

Visiting BKK next May with my 4 children (age 5, 7, 10, 12). Any tips for places to visit, how to get around etc. Would a day trip to river Kwai be appropriate?

Everyone seems to be talking about Tong... presumably she may be a good person to key into? Does anybody have any idea what her daily fee is?

Many thanks

Gill

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,832 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bangkok with kids

One suggestion is the red cross snake farm. Another suggestion is a day trip to Ayuthaya which you could book at your hotel or in advance. There is a child's play area at the Emporium that is useful to keep the younger one entertained when you need an air conditioned rest break. the Sky Train may double as transportation and entertainment, at least for some kids. The outdoor market at Chatuchak (Sp ?) should entertain for awhile, but you should make a plan to keep up with the kids, or find them again if they get lost in the crowd. The crowd should not deter you, I think, but it will be a big crowd and you have 4 kids to keep up with, so have some idea of a plan. If your kids are adventurous enough, exploring by foot and eating street vendor food. And the standby, a hotel with a pool.

Have a great trip. Your kids are older than mine but I have a great time traveling with him in Thailand.

australia
Level Contributor
106 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bangkok with kids

Hi smudgeescapes,

Some tips would be;

Damnoen Saduak Floating Market

Rose Garden - elephant ride, photo taking with tigers (not sure though if its still there), cultural show

Snake farm (as someone else has already mentioned)

Dreamworld - though we've never been there check www.dreamworld-th.com

MBK level 7 - video game stations, internet

Ayuthaya and River Kwai (as someone else has already mentioned) - can do for a day trip but it starts really early in the morning and back to Bangkok around 7-8:00 pm.

Safari world- 45km from Bangkok

World Ice Skating- Central World Plaza; get off BTS/Skytrain Chitlom station

As for the transport on day trips, you can book them with tour operators. Some tours have the sightseeing+transport+lunch package. Most hotels have their own tour desks, otherwise you can shop around and compare prices.

Siem Reap, Cambodia
Level Contributor
648 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bangkok with kids

Tong's daily rate depends on where you are going and for how long. You should contact her to get pricing based on an agreed upon itinerary.

I have toured with her twice and always had an excellent time. She is very knowledgable and an extremely gracious and fun person. You and your kids will love your time with her.

tourwithtong@yahoo.com

4. Re: Bangkok with kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:21 am, August 26, 2009