We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best hotel in Bangkok!?

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
94 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Best hotel in Bangkok!?

Hello, would love to know what your thoughts are on the ultimate hotel to stay in Bangkok!?

I like the look of Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and the Banyan Tree.....but would do you all think? Decisions decisions!!

Thanks

Ben

Dobbs Ferry New York
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best hotel in Bangkok!?

Hi,

My husband and I stayed at the Bangkok Mariott Resort and Spa on the river. The hotel is situated on 10 Acres and the grounds are beautiful. After long days of sightseeing and in the city we could come back to a hotel and relax. We stayed there for 13 days and are returning next January for 3 weeks.

The hotel staff was excellent. They apparently knew my birthday and sent a cake to wish me happy birthday. A hotel you can't go wrong with. There is a nice shopping complex right next door to the hotel. We ate at the Peninsula and stayed at the Royal Orchid Sheraton also for two nights, but the Mariott is the best.

Good luck

Tracy

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,766 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best hotel in Bangkok!?

totally agree with the post above- we stayed there for six nights and could have definitely stayed longer- what a wonderful hotel/resort.

West Midllands...
Level Contributor
73 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best hotel in Bangkok!?

Depends what you are looking for the Metropolitan is supporsed to be fantastic but mimimalistic. The staff know you and it is next door to the banyantree

Bangkok
Level Contributor
238 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best hotel in Bangkok!?

Peninisula, Oriental, and if you must be up in the Sukhumvit area the Sheraton Grande or Marriott is the best choice. But the Pen is what you want. The Banyan Tree is barely a runner up. What they have is a larger room for a cheaper price, but one of the best hotels?? No.

England
Level Contributor
1,540 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best hotel in Bangkok!?

Hi,

I have to agree the Marriott is wondreful stayed here in September for 4 nights and would definately stay here again.

Julie

Level Contributor
1,032 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best hotel in Bangkok!?

One of the most exclusive, in true thai style, www. thebaanthai.com the sama suite in Sheraton Grande is also great with a good price.

Shrewsbury
Level Contributor
146 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Best hotel in Bangkok!?

I would say the Sheraton Grande, we always stay here whilst in Bangkok, the service is second to none and the facilities just excellent. It is consistently the number one hotel in Bangkok on Tripadvisor, that tells you all you need to know!

SFO-NRT-SIN-BKK
Level Contributor
612 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best hotel in Bangkok!?

Hi Ben,

The immeasurably better half and i recently shared a portion of our Asian honeymoon at the Oriental and the Peninsula. We had previously stayed at both properties, so sentimental and superstitious reasons played a role. (Her parents honeymooned at the Oriental, so it was almost always a foregone conclusion we would conduct some "suite," sacred, marital rites at that fine property.) We had a sublime time at both hotels; as always, the employees were just the best with their warmth and graciousness.

Amongst many from which to choose, it's difficult to say which Bangkok hotel is the ultimate. ((Although my poor little personal-use credit card kindly made an ultimate sacrifice (and counting)).

Enjoy,

macintosh (robert)

Washington DC
Level Contributor
22 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best hotel in Bangkok!?

My husband and I stayed at both Sofitel Silom 1st 4 nights at beginning of trip and last 2 nights at JW Marriott when we returned from travelling around Thailand for 2 weeks. JW Marriott by far was amazing, just amazing. Great location, beautiful hotel, and amazing service, gym/pool/spa with more than you can ask for, impressive breakfast, etc. I did not care for the hotels on the water (Peninsula, Marriott Spa, etc.) as I felt you were a bit away from the rest of the action in the city. I checked out the Oriental but felt as if I was in Beverly Hills, just not my style. I cannot say enough great things about JW Marriott. You will not regret it at all. Plus, it recently just underwent renovation in most of the floors/rooms.

London + bangkok...
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Best hotel in Bangkok!?

The Orienten is in my opinion without equal, unfortunately this also includes price, so i would readily exchange 1 week in the Orienten hotel for 2 weeks in any number of other hotels in BKK. Afterall it is the wonder of BKK that draws me back again and again! where i lay my head although important MUST be a secondary factor.