We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

River Kwai and the Tiger Temple Advice Please

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
885 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
River Kwai and the Tiger Temple Advice Please

I wopuld like to visit the Kwai and the tigers mid November with my son. Not doing too well with an itinerary. Starting from Bangkok. Maybe I should take a package tour. Know any good reliable ones?

Does this work?

River Kwai: Visit Bridge, JEATH museum, cemetary.

Some lunch

Visit Tigers.

Have I missed anything?

Should I include any local fun transport- Trains,Boats? Am going to Phuket so will have more time with elephants there. My son is 20 and despite being a part time nightclub bouncer is at heart a big softy- he would like to see animals- maybe meet Monkeys- appropriate.

What should I expect to pay? Any opinions appreciated.

with thanks

Dave

AUSTRALIA
Level Contributor
141 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: River Kwai and the Tiger Temple Advice Please

Hi, We did our tour in june with hell fire tours. I have to say it was one of the best days we had while in Thailand. Our tour was private just myself my husband and our daughter. Our guides name was "boo" she was a delight. . First we went to the floating markets, then to the war cemetry, river kawai, lunch,tiger temple death railway , fed monkey's. Our day cost about $104.00 per person including all gate fees , lunch etc. . He contacted us at the hotel the night before to confirm, was there to collect us on time. Fees paid when he picks you up. I booked this over the net with no problems. My brother and his kids are going in a few weeks and they have also booked with hell fire tours.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2,803 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: River Kwai and the Tiger Temple Advice Please

$104 is really expensive per person! That is $300 for three of you! Tong and qualified tour guides with excellent reviews charge $100 for the whole day (people unlimited private tour)... I would definately be using Tong, one of her other guides or another like Ratt.

13. Re: River Kwai and the Tiger Temple Advice Please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:25 am, August 19, 2009