We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel close to metro station

South Florida...
Level Contributor
502 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel close to metro station

I need help finding a 3 or 4 star hotel in Bangkok that is close to a metro station.

Thank you.

Mokhotlong, Lesotho
Level Contributor
2,618 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel close to metro station

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and Westin Hotel are right next to a Skytrain and MRT station.

Dusit Thani Hotel is another one at the beginning of Silom road.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,673 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel close to metro station

Check this map

http://www.bts.co.th/en/map.asp

Left side there is a link to find places round the BTS stations

Hoope this helps

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
2,241 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel close to metro station

Also I can recommend the Montien Suriwongse. It is close to Sala Daeng skytrain station and also an underground station. We stayed there last month and can recommend it.

UK
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel close to metro station

I can recommend the Rembrandt Hotel in Sukhumvit Soi 18. Although it is not right on the main road, it is only about 5 mins walk away from Asok skytrain/Sukhumvit metro stations (hotel even has free tuk-tuk to ferry you to main road if you don't fancy the walk). The advantage of being off on a Soi is that you'll be that bit further away from the traffic noise and car fumes that is part and parcel of Sukhumvit Rd, plus the hotel rates are very reasonable and not as pricey as the Sheraton or JW Marriott etc. I'm from the UK and booked through a tour operator for accommodation only - 4 nights for the price of 3, upgrade to deluxe room and daily breakfast all for GBP 108. Hotel is lovely (lots of gleaming marble), very well maintained and their thai restaurant Red Pepper does great food.

There are numerous shops, restaurants and bars along Sukhumvit and is within easy reach of main shopping plazas, Suan Lum night bazaar etc. Enjoy Bangkok!

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
15,459 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel close to metro station

Landmark Hotel, $100 a night, not far from the Nana Skytrain stop on Sukhumvit Road.

A more reasonable priced hotel, the Asia Hotel, has the Skytrain stop right at their front door. This hotel is in a more "bar free" area of Bankgok. Within walking distance of several malls and shops on New Phetchaburi Road. Not sure what their "star" rating is - Google them up.

Bangkok
Level Contributor
238 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel close to metro station

Lots and lots of Hotels on Sukhumvit are near a skytrain station. The Amari is one of them and I would give it about a 3 star. They also have what i think is a pretty good guide to Bangkok - I especially like the part about how to spot a con man!)

thai.amari.com/tta/desguide_bangkok.asp

7. Re: Hotel close to metro station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, August 25, 2009