We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Connection flight to Koh Samui

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Connection flight to Koh Samui

I am arriving in Bangkok by Thai Airways and then supposed to fly to Koh Samui via Bangkok airlines. Is there more than one operating airport in Bangkok for international or local flights? My question is, do I need to change terminals or am I arriving Bangkok and heading to Koh Samui from the same terminal? My travel agent thinks it is but I want to confirm that. Thanks.

Toronto
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Connection flight to Koh Samui

I will be arriving after Sept 28th, so it will be the new airport where I am landing.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Connection flight to Koh Samui

http://www.bangkokairportonline.com/

the new airport .."Suvarnabhumi" is separated by layers or floors... you have arrival... domestic and international... as well as departure... domestic and international.. total of 4 levels.... but all in the same terminal...

do be warned.. the terminal is 500 meters.... half a kilometer.. or a third of a mile long... I've read that it can take 40 minutes from check in to airplane... guess depending on which gate....

Illinois, USA
Level Contributor
98 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Connection flight to Koh Samui

"the terminal is 500 meters.... half a kilometer.. or a third of a mile long..."

Yes... but how many feet? j/k

Thanks for the info. My wife and I are also heading to Koh Samui in October.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Connection flight to Koh Samui

BabelFish how many feet... ?... T

wo.... I only have 2 feet... and I probably should always keep at least one in my mouth:-)

5. Re: Connection flight to Koh Samui

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 pm, August 19, 2009