We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

recommond place to visit after 5 pm

2 posts
Save Topic
recommond place to visit after 5 pm

i have school 9am to 4pm

i have no time in saturday and sunday

and i would like to visit some places

where should i go?

i dont drink bear.i am not interested in bar

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
18,062 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: recommond place to visit after 5 pm

Got to a movie.

2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: recommond place to visit after 5 pm

expecting more thai culture and educational stuff

London, United...
Level Contributor
14,859 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: recommond place to visit after 5 pm

Try educate yourself with Google.

Or try reading FAQ What To See & Do, check opening times yourself.

Edited: 8:54 am, November 19, 2014
Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
18,062 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: recommond place to visit after 5 pm

You sound like a kid not old enough to do adult things, don't even know if you are male or female which may affect recommendations. Don't even know if you are in an area convenient for getting around or you would have to pay for taxi or Skytrain. Don't even know if you are flat broke and need stuff to walk to.

(A movie is always a safe suggestion!)

Do a Google search for stuff you would like to see. But maybe not so much cultural stuff open after 6 p.m. Talk to some of the other students. Maybe some museums are open late on specific nights. Photograph some temples at sunset.

Good luck.

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
5,113 posts
1,001 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: recommond place to visit after 5 pm

The last guided tour into Jim Thompson's house is just at 5pm:

www.jimthompsonhouse.com/visitor/index.asp

I don't know if you can be there in time (BTS "National Stadium" station).

Instead nor the National Museum, nor the Royal Palace, they are compatible with your schedule

Brun066

Edited: 9:32 am, November 19, 2014
Worldwide
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
644 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: recommond place to visit after 5 pm

A couple of suggestions:

1. Go to Central Pier, under Saphan Taksin BTS station, and take the Chao Phraya Express Boat. I would take it to Nonhaburi Pier, then eat at a nearby restaurant, then a taxi back. But you may not want to go so far. An alternative is to take it to Pier N15, Thewes Pier, walk up to the roof of the adjacent "In Love" restaurant for drinks, food, and viewing the river at sunset. Feed the fish at Thewes Pier if you wish - just watch to see what the others are doing.

2. Go to any reasonably sized park at 5:59 (sharp! be a bit early, not even a minute late), perhaps dressed for the gratis aerobics which are conducted, usually near an entrance, of almost any sizeable park in Bangkok. Enjoy the park, and watching how others are enjoying the park, in the early evening.

3. After that, dinner, shopping, a movie. Most regular restaurants close about 9PM (though there is a huge late night eating scene). Shopping Centres tend to close between 8 and 10 PM (varies by place). Cinemas are usually attached to shopping centres, and have showings to about midnight (depending on venue and day of the week). Suggested - a well-reviewed Thai film of a genre you may like (comedy, history, horror, action/violence) - confirming that the showing you buy a ticket (and book a specific seat) for has English subtitles. Most do, in Bangkok (but mostly don't upcountry). If you're taking a class, and locals will be present (as facilitators, teachers, fellow students, or support staff), you could ask them - as early as convenient, for any suggestions. Some may be film goers, some not (but some might ask around to help you - be sure to be as graceous as possible, including thanks for any good-willed response).

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
6,460 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: recommond place to visit after 5 pm

ask your fellow teachers.

Yangon (Rangoon...
Level Contributor
14 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: recommond place to visit after 5 pm

You have the night market at asiatique which you can take a boat to from saphan taksin BTS station pier as well as doing the trip to nonthonburi as suggested upthread.

Phra athit is a fun area to walk around and beautiful to watch the sunset by the fort there.

As mentioned shopping malls are open in the evening as are massage places - try somewhere like healthland.

Next week on the 27th there is an event called Pecha kucha at sasin hall by siam BTS, http://www.pechakucha.org/cities/bangkok this is good fun and I highly recommend attending

Hope these help

perth
Level Contributor
768 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: recommond place to visit after 5 pm

Go on a sky train from point a to point b

Edited: 7:24 am, November 20, 2014
10. Re: recommond place to visit after 5 pm

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, November 22, 2015