We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Peninsula Hotel Bangkok -Need Restaurant Information

New Orleans
Level Contributor
106 posts
187 reviews
Save Topic
Peninsula Hotel Bangkok -Need Restaurant Information

Will be staying at Peninsula in April.

What restaurants at the hotel are fabulous?

Have you eaten at any of these? I appreciate your comments on each.

Thiptara

Jester

Mei Jiang

UK
Level Contributor
171 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Peninsula Hotel Bangkok -Need Restaurant Information

Hi

we will be staying Peninsula April 3-6 ,

this is our favourite hotel in the world! and this will be our 5 th visit.

the buffet breakfast is great so are the snacks by the pool but the other restaurants dont do much for me

the italian at the Shangi La, a short trip by one of Peninsulas free boats is more interesting but expensive

I dont know how much time you have spent in Thailand but Thai food generally the less you pay the better it is

The best massage in the world may be one of the cheapest you could have is at the Wat Po massage school - ask for their herbal massage-

by all means contact us if you are there during our stay

jonathan roberts and Naoko

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Peninsula Hotel Bangkok -Need Restaurant Information

Have you tried an afternoon tea at the Peninsula?

UK
Level Contributor
171 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Peninsula Hotel Bangkok -Need Restaurant Information

Just eaten at Mei Jiang its sensational, best pekin duck we have tasted and remarkable value for money; dont miss the monkey pick tea

sadly Oriental tea didnt live up to previous experieces

Sunny Queensland...
Level Contributor
2,372 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Peninsula Hotel Bangkok -Need Restaurant Information

This is our favourite hotel as well.We love Jesters-the food is wonderful and service friendly.I had always said I would never eat in a hotel restaurant in Thailand as there is such a vast array of great places to eat at very little cost.On our first trip to the peninsula we arrived late and where too tired to go out.So impressed we ate there again the next night!

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Peninsula Hotel Bangkok -Need Restaurant Information

The Peninsula ROCKS! They had a fabulous patio on the river! I'm not sure of the name though, sorry! Stopped for lunch three times on my 2.5 week trip b/c it was so enjoyable!

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Peninsula Hotel Bangkok -Need Restaurant Information

one more thing. The afternoon tea is amazing at the Peninsula in the lobby with the piano player, but also a good spot to have afternoon tea or a great dinner is the Regent Hotel.

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Peninsula Hotel Bangkok -Need Restaurant Information

Hi,

If you have the money to spend go to one of the 3 restaurants on the roof of the meritus suites state tower also oyster and piano bar on roof (64th floor) open air , when i was there they closed the whole thing down due to the King of Thailand having a meal there..