We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bangkok Hotel up to 1500 Baht

Melbourne
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Bangkok Hotel up to 1500 Baht

I am visiting Bangkok on December and looking for a hotel in the price range up to 1500 Baht.

* It must be less than 5 mins walk to the sky strain

* It must be safe for a single female traveller

* Preferably have a pool

* Preferably have a nice breakfast included

Thanks - I look forward to your suggestions

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
1,013 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bangkok Hotel up to 1500 Baht

Infidelal should be able to give you several choices here, but you haven't stated which area you would like to stay in ther than close to the skytrain.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2,803 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bangkok Hotel up to 1500 Baht

Travelfish has a great section on budget accommodation, broken down into areas of Bangkok.... with links to websites.

The link direct to Bangkok is:

travelfish.org/region/…bangkok_and_surrounds

Hope this helps... they also have some reviews, and pretty honest writeups on each place.

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
15,477 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bangkok Hotel up to 1500 Baht

Don't want much do you??

Okay, I'll give it a shot.

Honey Hotel, off Sukhumvit Road Soi 19. E-mail address honeyho@ksc.th.com. Or, http://www.bangkokhotels.info/honey.htm .

The Honey Hotel is not far from a Skytrain stop, this hotel in a more "bar-free" section of Sukhumvit. Hotel has a pool, the highest priced rooms are within your budget. Breakfast used to be included.

Don't make breakfast a decider, breakfast is only around a $1.50 or less in Bangkok (Foodland lunch counter, Sukhumvit Soi 5,) you can even get an "all you can eat" breakfast at the Fortuna Hotel (Sukhumvit Soi 5, just after Foodland, for around 120 baht.)

The Swiss Park Hotel on Sukhumvit Soi 11 MAY have a "special" going that will fit your price. They have a pool. December is high season and most prices are high though.

Swiss Park Hotel link:

hotelthailand.com/bangkok/swisspark/pool.html

Cheaper hotels without pools and free breakfast are available. Google up Suk 11, they have some rooms with air conditioning, they have a free breakfast - but no pool I have heard about! This hostel is popular with backpacker. (Suk 11 Hostel, Sukhumvit Soi 11, not far from the Nana Skytrain stop.)

AL

UK
Level Contributor
93 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bangkok Hotel up to 1500 Baht

You could try the Bangkok Centre Hotel on Rama 4. About 50m from the subway -which will take you quickly and cheaply to the skytrain station at Silom (2 second stop).

Possiby the Residence on Rama 6, even cheaper. Both have pools.

Given your wording I suggest you would be happy at The Residence. They are a fun crowd of girls running things. Just tried their website but nothing came up. www.citybangkok.net. They do have an email: info @citybangkok.net

Melbourne
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bangkok Hotel up to 1500 Baht

Thanks for the suggestion.

As this will be my first trip to Bangkok, I'm not very familiar with the different areas, however the primary purpose of the trip is a shopping 3-day shopping pree. I plan to visit MBK and the Chatachuk Weekend Market.

The pool and breakfast are definitely optional if the other criteria fit....

6. Re: Bangkok Hotel up to 1500 Baht

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 pm, August 22, 2009