We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suvarnabhumi Airport

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
AUSTRALIA
Level Contributor
138 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Suvarnabhumi Airport

I believe that the new airport is due to open 28 september 2006.

I believe that it is located closer to Pattaya than the old airport and will reduce the traveling time to about ! hour, is this correct?

How long will it take to reach Bangkok and will it increase the traveling time between airport and Hua Hin?

Any information regarding new airport will be appreciated

thanks

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
51. Re: Suvarnabhumi Airport

mose! nail on the head matey!!! Get these people off this site!! i will be at the new airport on the 27th, and many times thereafter, and will be telling friends,family, and foe alike -DON"T BUY ANYTHING AT THE NEW AIRPORT! Total rip off Don Muang was (2 dollars for a bottle of water, once through immigration) and the new airport is going to be twice as much. Go away you parasites,better still T.A. _ dont let these people advertise for free on your site!!!!!!!!

Brisbane
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
Save Reply
52. Re: Suvarnabhumi Airport

bangkokgas, hows things?.. good luck with the flight from the new airport.....

Now I'm worried that I misunderstod " YYYONG".. perhaps it was not advertising... merely a friendly bit of good advice.. to tell us that the airport is going to be open.... so I best say thank you to YYYONG and sorry if I misunderstod the post.

chezepops,.. are you talking about the International departuretax?.. It wills stay the same until Feb.... no change as far as I know.... By Feb. 07.. it will be increased to 700 baht per person per exit.

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
891 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
53. Re: Suvarnabhumi Airport

Thank you...I must have misread someones post.

sydney
4 posts
Save Reply
54. Re: Suvarnabhumi Airport

General Sonthi and the Suvarnabhumi General Manager have both made statements that the coup will not have any delay effect on the opening of the new airport and all will go ahead as planned on the 28 September as palnned

Brisbane
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
Save Reply
55. Re: Suvarnabhumi Airport

chezepops,

got you... I think it was said that some goods and services might be more expensive, especially after we pass through immigration.. things like drinks and food... don't worry.. I'm sure we will manage as long as we bring plenty of good humor... and some money.. we'll be ok..

56. Re: Suvarnabhumi Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:23 pm, August 24, 2009