We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bangkok full-day tours

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver
Level Contributor
110 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Bangkok full-day tours

We are arriving at 10:30 PM in Bangkok on Aug 19. My husband and I and would like to join a full day tour (i.e. either Ayutthaya or Pattaya) early the next morning as we will be in Bangkok for 2 days only before we proceed to Phnom Phen.

I did a bangkok tour search in the net. Has anyone tried purchasing a full-day tour package with sightseeingbangkok.com? The prices they offer look really good but I don't know if it is "you get what you paid for" kind of tour. Since we are arriving so late, does anyone have any suggestions of where can we purchase a full-day tour for the next morning?

Also, what are these tours like? Will there be lots of people in a group? Any comments would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Port Macquarie...
Level Contributor
807 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Bangkok full-day tours

Hello

I found this site that might interest you, it is a full day trip to Ayuttaya, coach there, cruise back or vice versa. Includes lunch and tours of temples. www.thairivercruise.com

I'm sure it is just one of many of the standard tours they offer there but might give you an idea of times and prices.

Our flight does not leave Bangkok until 9.30pm, so we think we may do this to fill in day after we check out of hotel.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
110 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bangkok full-day tours

Thanks Cheznandy. I checked the web and it sounds good. It would be great to go by coach one-way and return to the city by boat.

BTW, I got a reply back from my Pattaya full-day tour booking enquiry with sightseeingbangkok.com. It appears that I make my reservation, they email me my confirmation voucher and I pay the agreed tour price when we get picked up from our hotel by a 10-seater a/c van. I suspect that they will drop us off at a meeting place and then we'll take a large coach bus to Pattaya.

shrewsbury
Level Contributor
68 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bangkok full-day tours

I have used Orientalescape.com when booking private tours, 2 to 6 people and they were very reliable and were prompt with email enquries and even changing the bookings down to the last minute.

Eve

Vancouver
Level Contributor
110 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bangkok full-day tours

Thanks for your input evostick. I did a quick check on the web and they offer quite a few attractions. I'll spend some time reading through their attractions and determine what we want to do for the 2 days that we are in BKK.

5. Re: Bangkok full-day tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 am, August 12, 2009