We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Plus size T Shirts in Bangkok

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bangalore
Level Contributor
105 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Plus size T Shirts in Bangkok

Hi,

Was looking to buy some good quality plus size mens T Shirts while in Bangkok.

Had heard that there are places where you can pick up good quality export surplus stuff which is originally produced for markets in Europe/ US.

Recommendations on where to shop would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Radhika

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
5,901 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Plus size T Shirts in Bangkok

The "export Shops" I think they are called. I know they have them at The Mall Bangkapi. Not sure about MBK but I know for sure Centrel World does not.

Pay attention to the stitching and how the t-shirt hangs, some are surplus and some are rejects. Some of the brands I have seen are GAP, American Eagle and afew more I cant remember right now.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
8,817 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Plus size T Shirts in Bangkok

You can get plus sized t shirts in MBK and also in Platinum Mall, not sure about 'export shops' though.

Bangalore
Level Contributor
105 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Plus size T Shirts in Bangkok

Thanks a lot…. this should be most helpful

Mmonkie - Where is The Mall Bangkapi located and what is the best way to get there ?

Cheers !

Bangalore
Level Contributor
105 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Plus size T Shirts in Bangkok

Thanks guys…… found - The Mall Bangkapi on trip advisor

Windsor, United...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
20,405 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Plus size T Shirts in Bangkok

Hi,

The best way to get to the Mall at Bangkapi is by canal boat from Pratunam Pier. You will need the Nida Line:

www.transitbangkok.com/khlong_boats.html

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
487 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Plus size T Shirts in Bangkok

Hi big Fella

Well as 4XXXXL myself I have been to most places in BKK and I to have trouble in getting shirts to fit.

My main concern if I was you is not so much the cut of the shirt but what it is made out of, if its a man made fibre then you should be ok.

I have bought a good quality cotton and cotton blend shirts in the past and after about 2 washes they shrink and look like boob tubes. and so I have to throw them out.

Let me know how you go.

Sharx

Cullman, Alabama
Level Contributor
618 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Plus size T Shirts in Bangkok

I am having an issue finding them. Did see a few vendors who had XL but nothing bigger. Your going to have to look.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
14,601 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Plus size T Shirts in Bangkok

The 6th floor, MBK, has Dr. Zu, which carried pants to size 60, and shirts to match.

There is also, at least, one other vendor, a floor kiosk, that sells huge shirts.

Also, on the third floor unit 3C-29, you'll find "No Problem. They sell t-shirts, polo shirts in some larger sizes.

MBK 3rd floor map: www.mbk-center.co.th/en/floorplan/plan.php…

Edited: 10:39 pm, January 28, 2014
Bangalore
Level Contributor
105 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Plus size T Shirts in Bangkok

Thanks everyone………. this is most helpful

10. Re: Plus size T Shirts in Bangkok

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 31, 2015