We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa offices in bkk closed due to demonstrations

nsantafe
Level Contributor
26 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Visa offices in bkk closed due to demonstrations

Hello, just realised that the bkk immigration offices are closed due to the demonstrations until further notice. Does anybody know where I can extend my 60 day visa close by? Thanks!

Bangkok
Level Contributor
2,294 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa offices in bkk closed due to demonstrations

They opened a couple of temporary offices, details here: http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/intro1.html

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa offices in bkk closed due to demonstrations

Hello,

I was at the Lad Prao office (5 floor) on friday afternoon (17 January 2014) and the workers just closed everything because there were rumors of protests coming to this place. (In the morning it still went OK).

Does anyone know if it has reopened ? (it is supposed to be the only place in Bangkok for visas at this time)

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
nsantafe
Level Contributor
26 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa offices in bkk closed due to demonstrations

Just got back from Lad Prao offices this morning and it was all very simple. Keep in mind that the offices only open at 10am so my advice would be arrive at 9:30, collect and fill out the form. Once you hand in the form and pay it takes about 10mins to complete.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa offices in bkk closed due to demonstrations

OK, thanks.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
16,151 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa offices in bkk closed due to demonstrations

Was just at the Lad Phrao office yesterday. From the time I walked into the office, to the time I walked out, was just under 5 hours. It all depends on what you need and who you need to deal with.

Did a normally simple visa extension; was sent around on a cluster hunt.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
5,875 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa offices in bkk closed due to demonstrations

10/6 - Did you wear the wrong color shirt? :-)

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
16,151 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visa offices in bkk closed due to demonstrations

Was wearing a grey shirt, with a desert camo jacket.

Although Imperial World is a red shirt stronghold, there isn't a lot of red clad people hanging out there.

Candy Land
Level Contributor
1,912 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Visa offices in bkk closed due to demonstrations

they are still here and selling their merchandise and crowd around the little TV in the corner by the parking. nobody is wearing the red much at this time. still active, notice the bridge or overhead pass on Lhad Phrao road to this mall. red flags and the banner saying respect my vote. move one floor up from them and catch a flick. this mall is super boring with junk food options.

5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Visa offices in bkk closed due to demonstrations

I will be staying at the chatrium residence hotel in silom, sathorn on 10th March 2014, can anyone tell me what is the closest OPEN IMMIGRATION OFFICE to thehotel please. I have a 60 day tourist/visitor visa issued in Glasgow. I need to get a 30 day extension visa cost 1900 THB. Due to protesters can anyone tell me the best way to get to the immigration office by taxi or the BTS SKYTRAIN? Or where the closest temporary office is. My first time in Bangkok, would any kind soul please advise the step by step procedure. I have a new 10 year uk passport is there any other documents I may need to take with me? Thanks to anyone who will kindly reply. Roy.

Edited: 8:18 pm, February 07, 2014
Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
5 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Visa offices in bkk closed due to demonstrations

I will be staying at the chatrium residence hotel in silom, sathorn on 10th March 2014, can anyone tell me what is the closest OPEN IMMIGRATION OFFICE to thehotel please. I have a 60 day tourist/visitor visa issued in Glasgow. I need to get a 30 day extension visa cost 1900 THB. Due to protesters can anyone tell me the best way to get to the immigration office by taxi or the BTS SKYTRAIN? Or where the closest temporary office is. My first time in Bangkok, would any kind soul please advise the step by step procedure. I have a new 10 year uk passport is there any other documents I may need to take with me? Thanks to anyone who will kindly reply. Roy.

Edited: 8:18 pm, February 07, 2014
Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand