We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shampoo etc:

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
118 posts
114 reviews
Save Topic
shampoo etc:

can anyone tell me iff the marriot resort and spa in bangkok or the anantara in hua hin supply shampoo shower gel etc; to save us carrying it luggage only 20kg

U.K.-Yorkshire
Level Contributor
86 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: shampoo etc:

Not actually stayed at either of these hotels, but every hotel I have stayed at in Thailand (3*+) supply all these things and more. I would take the chance and don't pack it!

Montreal, QC
Level Contributor
617 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: shampoo etc:

No problem, leave them home you will always get soap and shampoo. In all my travels in Thailand there was only one time that it was a little strange. In Koh Lanta my beach bungalow had special shampoo to enhance the color and shine of black hair. I have blonde hair but I figured no problem and started my shower. When I began to pour the shampoo into my hand I was a bit taken aback as it was jet black but in the end all was well.

BKK
Level Contributor
367 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: shampoo etc:

Both Marriott and Anantara are top hotels in the region, so they definitely provide shampoo, etc for customers. So you use what hotels provide if you have no personal brand.

BKK
Level Contributor
367 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: shampoo etc:

Both Marriott and Anantara are top hotels in the region, so they definitely provide shampoo, etc for customers. So you use what hotels provide if you have no personal brand.

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
118 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: shampoo etc:

thank you for all your help i will enjoy using theirs and leave mine at home susan

UK
Level Contributor
877 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: shampoo etc:

There is a Boots the Chemist in the shopping plaza attached to Bangkok Marriott Resort & Spa should the Marriott Shampoo not meet your requirements. The Thais seem mad on washing their hair...the choice of shampoos is huge.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
20 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: shampoo etc:

There's plenty of small drugstores and large grocery stores you'll stumble across a few during your travels. I always stop in to check out the different fruits and veggies/snacks. I always forget to pack something.So far, i've found some great products in the stores

kpf
usa
Level Contributor
313 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: shampoo etc:

I think they will both provide. We were at the Marriott in Hua HIn and they did as did the lowere budget hotel in Bangkok. Wish I had not brought it with me.

UK
Level Contributor
877 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: shampoo etc:

Every hotel I've stayed in Thailand from budget to 5 star (including the Marriott and Anantara) has supplied shampoo. Most have supplied shower gel etc as well.

London, England
Level Contributor
309 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: shampoo etc:

As well as Boots there iare also lots of Watsons (like superdrug in UK) , including at Siam Square staion,

or if there is a supermarket near your hotel - likely - they also have lots of stuff. such as The Big C near the Arnoma Hotel had a great selection od 50ml bottles at 30 baht each (50p)- grea handy size - all known brand names of shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, mouthwash etc.

Hotels all provide but its so easy to also get in a few items yourself, and tehn of course leave all the 1/3 full items behind ot save space on the way back