We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do in Bangkok - experiencing the Real Thailand

Adelaide
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Things to do in Bangkok - experiencing the Real Thailand

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to get your advice on what we should do when we're in Bangkok for 3 nights. Where should we visit? What should we see? What shouldn't we do etc?

We're going to be on our honeymoon and I want to experience the real Thailand and see something different to what I would normally see.

Also, can anyone recommend any special places to eat?

Any ideas of things we can do in Bangkok would be greatly appreciated - thanks in advance!

Phuket
Level Contributor
2,979 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do in Bangkok - experiencing the Real Thailand

Chatuchak Market!

bangkokadvisor.com/Chatuchak_Market.htm

Other options - The Royal Palace, Temples, River Cruises (see the old Bangkok riverside style life):

Try:

bangkokadvisor.com/What_to_see_and_do_in_Ban…

Enjoy!

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,907 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do in Bangkok - experiencing the Real Thailand

Some ideas on how to see the non-tourist Thailand include a walk inLumpini Park, particularly in the early morning. A visit to a shopping mall, MBK is the easiest to get to but there are amny others off the tourist trail. A day trip to Ayuthaya is the easiest way I can think of to see a bit of non-Bangkok Thailand. A visit to the Queen's Park (I can not spell the Thai name) on Sukhumvit, near Emporium shopping mall, in the morning or evening. Rama IX park is a fair taxi ride away, but also a chance to see some areas away from downtown (For what it is worth, I proposed to my wife there).

3. Re: Things to do in Bangkok - experiencing the Real Thailand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 am, August 12, 2009