We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is bangkok flooded now?

Earth
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Topic
Is bangkok flooded now?

Hi guys! Anyone in Bangkok can confirm if it is flooded now?

I overheard news last night that Thailand is flooded in certain areas! Want to know if Bangkok is affected as well, as I will be heading to Bangkok this Friday!

Do fill me in!

Thanks in advance!

7 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: Is bangkok flooded now?

typhoon wutip is affecting bangkok? i'm going there tomorrow.

Bangkok
Level Contributor
2,294 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: Is bangkok flooded now?

Wutip is no longer a typhoon and is not affecting Bangkok.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
14,997 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Is bangkok flooded now?

@Gin27

I wasn't talking for you. I was putting the "personal attack" into the perspective of those of us who read post, after post, from scared people from Singapore.

Had you spent any time on the TRIPADVISOR BANGKOK FORUM, during these events, you would have been subject to post, after post, "IS IT SAFE?" Answer after answer was " IT IS SAFE." But, no sooner reassured, and another "is it safe"post, from a new Singaporean member, would pop up.

My favorite concern was "What if the airport closes down?" Unlike most visitors to Bangkok, Singaporeans have endless options to get home. Heck, if it really hit the fan, they could even walk home! ;-)

BTW

It clouded over a few times today, but no rain - yet!

Melbourne Australia
Level Contributor
786 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Is bangkok flooded now?

We have been here since Saturday, hardly any rain, a couple of shortish downpours but mostly has been fine. Pretty warm, pretty humid but coping fine, x fingers it stays as nice as this

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,730 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Is bangkok flooded now?

Search Philippines forum and once in a while you will too find a Singaporean asking the same safety question though not as frequent as BKK forum as Philippines is not a hot destination to Singaporeans.

I do not deny that I asked the same safety questions in the Philippines forum in 2011 before I first step foot into the Philippines.

It is a culture of us. I would not say that we are sheltered but are bless with stability and have not encounter any natural disasters.

So if the earth just move a little, you will see it reported in the main newspapers front page.

The Israelis that I met in the Philippines Visayas could not even be bothered by the unrest in the Southern Philippines as they have experience equivalent or worse conflict in their country.

For Singaporean, a conflict that happen more than 300km away from their destination and even if it is separate by sea will be a concern to them.

As long as our land is trouble free, the safety questions will continue to pop up by us.

So cool down everyone. Everyone have their own perspective. This is a good chance to see how we are being view by the International community.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
5,940 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Is bangkok flooded now?

lol I think the S'poreans need the reassurance of knowing Big Brother is constantly watching to feel safe and secure ;)

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,730 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Is bangkok flooded now?

"I've got a feeling that somebody's watching me................"

Edited: 11:16 am, October 01, 2013
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,730 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Is bangkok flooded now?

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293916-i3687-k688…

29. Re: Is bangkok flooded now?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 12:21 pm, October 01, 2013
Edited: 12:21 pm, October 01, 2013
30. Re: Is bangkok flooded now?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 12:33 pm, October 01, 2013
Edited: 12:33 pm, October 01, 2013