We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vertigo (banyan tree) or above eleven?

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
singapore
Level Contributor
231 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Vertigo (banyan tree) or above eleven?

I've read how expensive but magnificent the views can be on vertigo (close to $200-300USD A couple?), and raves about their impeccable service.

But then I've come across above eleven too, which is ranked #33 out of all restaurants in bkk (while vertigo is #152). Their food is reasonably priced an views are also said to be good, though its on the 33 floor while vertigo is on the 61..

Any opinions on which I should choose? I don't mind spending $200USD at max for a couple at vertigo, but is it really all that worth? Or should I head to above eleven?

(PS: I've narrowed to these 2 places so comments on them solely would be appreciated (: and we don't really drink, so going up for the drinks only is also out for now)

Thanks in advance!

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,152 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vertigo (banyan tree) or above eleven?

Do both.

Just visit Vertigo for a drink and then go to Above Eleven for food. You don't have to drink alcohol, you can have a nice non alcoholic cocktail.

Vertigo's views are better than Above Eleven but I think Above Eleven has better much food.

2. Re: Vertigo (banyan tree) or above eleven?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, September 22, 2014